Free Member
Feb 1, 2011
Sutton Coldfield, WMids
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2nd year
Hi there, we are newly subscribed members and are considering going to Stratford Show this weekend. Can anyone tell us what facilities we will find on site and whether we can pay to camp Friday and Saturday on arrival - or do we have to phone to pre-book? Thanks, Jeanette & Roy, any info gratefully received...

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Link Removed

Link Removed

Hi and welcome to fun, a lot of funsters are already at stratford as you can camp for the week even though the show doesnt start to nearer the weekend. Stone leisure could even let you camp with funsters if you ask nicely at the gate.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jeanette and welcome,

facilities are a little basic i'm afraid..

tiolets, some with wash facilities...but mostly portaloo's

no hookup (except limited disabled)

water will be from a bowser (tank) unless you fill on arrival at one of the very few taps available.

i dont think there are any cash machines so take cash as well as cards for purchases.

there will be 'free' and 'paid for' entertainment on friday and saturday night

the plus side is the funsters are there en-mass :thumb: so you wont need entertainment....we make our own :Eeek:

head for the weekend camping gate, pay on the gate and ask to be directed to the motorhome fun area. (loads of room evidently)
might as well be with the gang than stuck in general camping.
dont be backward in coming forward.....you'll be made very welcome by all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jeanette32,

Welcome to Fun.

There's not a lot to add to the informative posts above, except that our weather just now is excellent, and the 2 x Fun social marquees are up. WiFi is possible (but not guaranteed) and phone signals are good. Stratford town centre is only a few minutes away by bike (using the short Sustrans Cycle Route 5), but obviously longer by Shank's Pony. :winky:

Even if you don't have a Fun plaque for your windscreen, (just yet :winky:), just mention when you pay, that you are with Motorhome Fun, and the organiser's marshals will guide you to our camping area.

We look forward to meeting you.

Safe journey,

Jock & Rita.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jeanette. It's lovely here 20 minute walk into Stratford and the company and weather are both great. :thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
As others have said..Don't be shy get in there and introduce yourselves to The Funsters..We did this at the Newark show..although we don't currently have a van and we live in Tenerife we were back in the UK when the show was on and we went and introduced ourselves to some of the Funsters who were there..Peter H...Laneside...Diablo...and the Boss Jim..To name but a few...and in spite of not having a van we were made most cordially welcome..My partner Dawn still raves about Peters Welsh cakes..and his cuppa's it was very much appreciated as it was a tad chilly that day in Newark
Get in there and see them you'll love it as we did..It actually made us sort of ask why we sold the van when there were so many good people there to have "The Craic" with!!

OP
OP
J

jeanette32

Free Member
Feb 1, 2011
Sutton Coldfield, WMids
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2nd year
Thank you guys for making us feel so welcome. We have toyed with the idea of blasting off down to the coast tomorrow morning as the weather is so good, but with such a warm welcome awaiting us we may just come to Stratford after all ::bigsmile:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Is there room for one more, haven't booked but hoping to pay at gate and join the Funsters. ::bigsmile:

Should be there by mid day tomorrow:thumb:

Lesley

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
Hello all,
As of 5pm this evening the field was half full, i believe with the few late arrivals tomorrow there should be plenty of room for the unplanned visits!!!!

The guys on the gate are a very nice bunch that will try and accomadate best they can.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.
Sorry we can't be there for the weekend but prior plans take priority.
For those staying on until monday, may see you some time then.
To the others we will not se, have a fine journey home and see you again soon.

Regards,

Cheyne and Lynne

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi guys we have plenty of room, come and join us:thumb:

Is there room for one more, haven't booked but hoping to pay at gate and join the Funsters. ::bigsmile:

Should be there by mid day tomorrow:thumb:

Lesley

Thank you guys for making us feel so welcome. We have toyed with the idea of blasting off down to the coast tomorrow morning as the weather is so good, but with such a warm welcome awaiting us we may just come to Stratford after all ::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped.......My partner Dawn still raves about Peters Welsh cakes..and his cuppa's it was very much appreciated as it was a tad chilly that day in Newark

We had some of those yesterday. lol

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back