Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We travelled from Binic to Dinan in Brittany on the main N roads and lots of Aires on that road were closed, why I wonder?
Were they being misused?
The municiple site in Dinan was closed it said until late May, well this is late May and it was still closed we ended up at the Le Halerais campsite 3 kilometer from Dinan going to see the town tomorrow, going to take advantage of the onsite restaurant tonight, havent eaten out much here.
Not really expensive at 12 eauro for a formula (3 course meal)
weather quite good, pleasant 18degrees no rain

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We travelled from Binic to Dinan in Brittany on the main N roads and lots of Aires on that road were closed, why I wonder?

Well France is struggling too.

We've just closed a load of public toilets in the Lakes !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Dinan is great,so long as you have no probs with steep cobbled streets ::bigsmile: Plenty of variety where places to eat are concerned.
A wind of change seems to be blowing through Aires in France-some old established town centre ones being moved to the outskirts and free ones becoming paying ones.The Aire here at Conti Plage has been re-vamped and will be charged for from this week on-mind you it now has a small toilet block on it and looks very well set out.

Mike.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We are in Fouras (near La Rochelle) one thing that has struck us on the way down that it is very quite this year.

Normally there are lots of silver surfers about but this year no one. In particular I have noticed that there are no Dutch people about.

Maybe its a sign of the economic situation.

Lunarman

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
In particular I have noticed that there are no Dutch people about.
Maybe its a sign of the economic situation.
Lunarman

We have met a few Dutch coming down West coast-but not as many as we met on Eastern side last yr,we think the Dutch tend to use the eastern route down to the Med.
Certainly it does seem to be quiet.

Mike -at Conti Plage, Lelande

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We have met a few Dutch coming down West coast-but not as many as we met on Eastern side last yr,we think the Dutch tend to use the eastern route down to the Med.
Certainly it does seem to be quiet.
Mike -at Conti Plage, Lelande

I think the dutch have got the UK bug, Dorset was awash with them last week. Why travel all that way down south when they can hop on a ferry and enjoy our sun blessed coastline. I have also noticed dutch in Suffolk so they are finding all the best places. :Cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I think the dutch have got the UK bug, Dorset was awash with them last week. Why travel all that way down south when they can hop on a ferry and enjoy our sun blessed coastline. I have also noticed dutch in Suffolk so they are finding all the best places. :Cool:

how weird? Just arrived back from the Mull of Kintyre late last night and spotted loads of German and Dutch in Scotland. One wonders if the weak pound is making the UK a better destination than the Expensive South of France.

I for one are just debating whether to go back to Scotland for our Summer Holiday or back to France as per usual.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keithfal

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
Going dutch

how weird? Just arrived back from the Mull of Kintyre late last night and spotted loads of German and Dutch in Scotland. One wonders if the weak pound is making the UK a better destination than the Expensive South of France.

I for one are just debating whether to go back to Scotland for our Summer Holiday or back to France as per usual.

We've just got back from Sutherland and Wester Ross and most of the tourists up there were Dutch or Germans with a sprinkling of yanks (?) They are still complaining about the prices so maybe its something else - daughter in France a few weeks ago said there were NO french tourists and many of the sites were still closed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back