Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Well it is a defo and so all the fighting is over.
Info then for all the people who reside in London or need to come to London.

I received from a friend the info:-
They have the aproved unit coming in in July for our vans (A Rapido) (under going TFL aproval testing) at a much reduced price I was quoted £1500 +vat and labour. which is £1000 saving on the next cheapest unit.
Oxted at orpington His number is 01883713633 ask for Dan

Also for you here is the goverment approved list
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17701.aspx#tkt-tab-panel-1

Hope this all helps and be careful and check again at the DVL site as you can have 2 M/Homes same year but one complies and one doesnt and its all down to the weight.:cry:
So please Check
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17700.aspx#tkt-tab-panel-3

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well it is a defo and so all the fighting is over.
Info then for all the people who reside in London or need to come to London.

I received from a friend the info:-
They have the aproved unit coming in in July for our vans (A Rapido) (under going TFL aproval testing) at a much reduced price I was quoted £1500 +vat and labour. which is £1000 saving on the next cheapest unit.
Oxted at orpington His number is 01883713633 ask for Dan

Also for you here is the goverment approved list
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17701.aspx#tkt-tab-panel-1

Hope this all helps and be careful and check again at the DVL site as you can have 2 M/Homes same year but one complies and one doesnt and its all down to the weight.:cry:
So please Check
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17700.aspx#tkt-tab-panel-3
Care to expand on "The Unit"
I know what you mean but for the benifit of those that dont:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have a 6.8ltr V10.. and

I put my registration number in on my RV ..Winnebago (6.8ltr and a V10) and it tells me (TFL) that I comply.

I was looking on the recent press issues and other info.. and it does not now say that petrol vehilces are excluded. We all presumed it was diesels only.

But TFL is certainly listing the vehicle as compliant: 06 feb 2011 to 02 Jan 2012 and 03 Jan 2012 to onwards..

I know there are not a lot of petrol engined motorhomes out there except some of us yanks.. but I suggest you do run a check just in case.

Bob:Blush:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As usual Bob we RVrs are compliant in every way
were such a nice bunch O chaps and chapasses:ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
As usual Bob we RVrs are compliant in every way
were such a nice bunch O chaps and chapasses:ROFLMAO:

Hi Geo,
I was just wondering if your vehicle would pass the emmisions test if it had a SOG fitted?:RollEyes:

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Im with Brian and Marion on this why any one would want to go to London anyway is beyoud me, it should have a big wall built round it and bread thrown in at weekends :ROFLMAO:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Oh well looks like I'll be knocking Crystal Palace CC site off my faves list then. I'm not paying a 4 figure sum for a poxy filter! :cry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if you want to cross the river thames

Im with Brian and Marion on this why any one would want to go to London anyway is beyoud me, it should have a big wall built round it and bread thrown in at weekends :ROFLMAO:

If you want to cross the river thames going North you have to either cross in one of three places.. Dartford.. pay toll, Woolwich Ferry ..free or the Blackwall Tunnel free .. most 5th wheelers will not get under the height.

If you come off the M25 and head towards London (A20) you will be inside the emission zone at Sidcup.. that is a fair way out of London.. same applies if you come off the M25 at the A2 junction you will hit the zone at Bexley.. so if you do not want to pay you have to get inside the zone.. a problem for some of the older motorhomes about.

RV's or yanks on the whole do not have an issue.. I have a real problem at MOT time as the V10 6.8 Triton engine will not register on the machine as the emmissions are so low. They have to do a manual test on it. But most RV's pass the tests..

But there are reasons to go inside the out London area.. a very good pie and mash shop comes to mind in Wood Street, Walthamstow London E.17 .. inside the LEZ... I am sure many have places they would go to... London is not just the little bit in the middle it is a massive place...a couple of the Camping and Caravan sites are within the LEZ. As is all the new Olympic park.

Bob:Eeek:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Its a pain for me. I dont want to go into London. I live in Kent have a Dartford Postcode BUT I live within the London Borough of Bexley and about 100 yards from the Cameras welcoming you to the LEZ Zone.

I dont have a choice I am always heading out of the Zone anyway. I will have to get a fitler fitted.

I also understand that there is a filter on test on a Hymer in Kent as well at the moment (and no its not ours):ROFLMAO:

Sonja

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Thanks for the information xxx

Just spoken to a very helpful lady who really knows her stuff on the LEZ and compliance issues.

Here are her direct details

VOSA - Anne Marie - direct line 01792 454363

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Well...wont London be a quiet place then?

Because along with a lot of other people I will not be spending 4 figures to merely visit the horrible place...

Boris you can get stuffed...

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Well...wont London be a quiet place then?

Because along with a lot of other people I will not be spending 4 figures to merely visit the horrible place...

Boris you can get stuffed...

i live about 8 miles from dartford bridge
and i WONT BE GOING TO LON[STRIKE]D[/STRIKE]CON

i do object to paying road tax then paying congestion lez charge:Eeek::Angry:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Its been such a success, its coming to a city near you very soon. ::bigsmile:

Maybe so, but, I wouldn't drive into London anyway regardless of the LEZ I would go by train, as London has a lot to offer the visitor.

The rest of the major cities have very little to offer the visitor, so to introduce LEZ , is to fast forward their own demise as a tourist destination.

Pete:Cool:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Just thought I'd check it for a Laugh...

Absolutely NO intention of taking it into London....That would defeat the move I made years ago to get AWAY from the place...:ROFLMAO:

DateStatus
28 May 2011 to 02 Jan 2012
Not Subject to LEZ
Link Removed

03 Jan 2012 to onwards
Not Subject to LEZ
Link Removed

28_days_later_01.jpg

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Have you non compliant people thought about the consequences of not being LEZ compliant
Your Motor home value could be seriously effected
The bottom fell out of the recovery vehicle market as a result,
No direct affect I will admit, what happened was you could pick up the same recovery vehicle from around London area for quite a few grand less because it became unusable down there, that had a knock on effect of lowering prices generally over the whole country or your northern truck didn't sell:Eeek:
So beware:cry:
Geo

Spannerandco

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Hi Im new to this site and have read with interst about the LEZ and motorhomes. Its fine we can all stamp our feet and say we are not going to visit London, but some of us have to. I use my motorhome as a base for when I visit trade shows, it helps keep the cost down. Others of you live within the LEZ and need to get on and off your drive, and some people will still want to use the camping sites within the LEZ. There is talk that other cities in Britain will also introduce Low Emmission Zones and many European cities allready have them.
I am lucky in that my present motorhome is compliant, but my old one would not have passed. Im sure many people who need to visit London canot afford to upgrade so will have to take the route of conversion.
My local MOT center has signs up in their reception area advising motorhome owners to check if their vehicles are going to be affected. I understand from the owner that they have a prototype exhaust filter fitted to a customers Fiat Ducatto based Auto Roller. They are testing this for complience with TFL in conjuction with the manufacturer. They are expecting to be in a position to fit and certify by July with a simular price guide to the earlier post in this section. To gain more info ring Tomsetts 01795 841007 ask for Dave.
One other thought with the 2012 oylmpics coming up will any motorhome owners need or want to visit?:Confused:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Just thought I'd check it for a Laugh...

Absolutely NO intention of taking it into London....That would defeat the move I made years ago to get AWAY from the place...:ROFLMAO:

DateStatus
28 May 2011 to 02 Jan 2012
Not Subject to LEZ
Link Removed

03 Jan 2012 to onwards
Not Subject to LEZ
Link Removed

28_days_later_01.jpg

Not subject to LEZ mainly refers eg. to Petrol vehicles that basically are not included in the legislation. The legislation is mainly for diesel vehicles so their emission comply to the latest regulations.

It means your vehicle is not in the category that needs to comply with the LEZ legislation.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
correct? yes and no

Not subject to LEZ mainly refers eg. to Petrol vehicles that basically are not included in the legislation. The legislation is mainly for diesel vehicles so their emission comply to the latest regulations.

It means your vehicle is not in the category that needs to comply with the LEZ legislation.

It does not say petrol engines are exempt from the LEZ.. most American RV's and trucks have much cleaner systems and do not produce the same carbon footprint as a diesel engine. As I said earlier I have a real hard time getting a reading at the MOT station as the engine produces so little CO2 ..But it does not exclude petrol engines and I suspect a lot of older UK larger petrol units may have a problem still. But as 95% of motorhomes are diesel these days and it is mainly the American RV's that are petrol driven it does not hit a lot of the more modern rigs.. I wonder if my old V8 Dodge A class would have passed?

Bob:thumb:

mikev

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Funster No
LEZ

The fight is still going on. If you google LEZ protest you will see that some organisation HILUX are organising a protest outside the house of parliament this August I believe. I have seen other protests being organised also.

Mike.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
I would go to No 10 and burn my Bra but that would create lots of smoke and I could be fined £100 per cup :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I entered my vehicle registration onto their website and was advised that after 03/01/12 it would'nt be compliant. Then I delved further and went through the procedure of checking vehicle type compliance which threw up the unexpected info that it was in fact compliant. Went through the phone number given in a previous post which directs you to VOSA. Very friendly lady took my details and checked with the LEZ people who have our motorhome listed as 5 tonne when in fact it is 3.5 tonne. I have now got to register it with them with a clear dgital photo of the weight plate on the m/home and then we should be compliant.
It's worth checking whether or not they have the correct details for your morohome.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It does not say petrol engines are exempt from the LEZ.. most American RV's and trucks have much cleaner systems and do not produce the same carbon footprint as a diesel engine. As I said earlier I have a real hard time getting a reading at the MOT station as the engine produces so little CO2 ..But it does not exclude petrol engines and I suspect a lot of older UK larger petrol units may have a problem still. But as 95% of motorhomes are diesel these days and it is mainly the American RV's that are petrol driven it does not hit a lot of the more modern rigs.. I wonder if my old V8 Dodge A class would have passed?

Bob:thumb:

Sorry Bob, not so. The LEZ is aimed at diesel engines only, to reduce the amount of particulates (which only diesel engines emit) in the air.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well my wee beasty is compliant, I have relatives in the LEZ, and I STILL will not enter the bloody place

Born and raised on the edge of the East End, but by the cringe, if the whole place collapses in to a pile of rubble, the net property value, as measured agin human misery, will probably rise :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back