Brackets to mount a wind genny pole to the van? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Guys just bought a s/h wind genny, (I know, toyzs you just gotta have em) I want to mount it on the rear of the van permanently. The idea is to mount an ali tube to the back of the van, this will be hinged just above roof level, so I can lay the genny down while we travel, and only have to stand it up to get it working.

Looking for mounts in either S/S or ali, not sure of the exact tube size, but it will be around 2 1/4 outside dia, the genny will sit on a 48mm ali scaffold pole, and that needs to drop a short distance inside the other tube. This is the hinge idea.

Ian

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 40

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Have you ever been in a van with one buzzing around, your going to need some sort of vibration isolater in the kit, for sure
Stainless pole mounts, boat yards/chandlers etc:thumb:
Geo

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Why not just lash it onto your ladder to see how you go before fixing brackets to your van :winky: Also wire it through a window ::bigsmile:Temporary measures of course
terry

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks guys, I got a complete mounting kit with it, so I can try it easily, but its just to much faffing about to use it regularly. Its a steel fabrication in two parts, it has a foot you run 1 wheel over, then a hinged section that takes the genny pole which is made of 3 lengths of 2m x 1 1/2 water pipe you screw together, with the genny mounted on the last piece, you then lift it up and it locks to the foot. You also have to thread the cable down the pipes, and I can see me doing it a couple of times, and then not bothering. :Smile:

So its got to be permanent, just fit and forget. ::bigsmile: Vibration may be an issue but I was assured its very smooth in operation. But we will see. Its this one:
http://www.reuk.co.uk/Air-X-Wind-Turbine.htm

Ian

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Dont ya just love em

The built in microprocessor enables peak-power tracking of the wind

Got nowt to do with the gurt big tail fin on the back of it then:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I should have got one earlier !!

I have just had to move away from a French van with a windmill !! Clattering and buzzing away !! Before I left I had a 100 watt solar panel fitted by Dave Newell in Telford (take a bow Dave !!) and am more than happy with it.. Batteries always on full power..I should have got one fitted earlier !!!:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have just had to move away from a French van with a windmill !! Clattering and buzzing away !! Before I left I had a 100 watt solar panel fitted by Dave Newell in Telford (take a bow Dave !!) and am more than happy with it.. Batteries always on full power..I should have got one fitted earlier !!!:thumb:

You have to know Olley to understand
He already sells back to the National Grid:RollEyes:
Its a project thing, the joy is in the development and building
If it works its a bonus:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread