LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Anybody interested in a Electric scooter that my neighbor has for sale ?
It looks like a motor scooter,weighs 40kg,(less when no battery in it)48v battery,200w motor- I think it is called for ever eco, does 15 mph normal or you can switch it to do 30 mph ish,and supposed to do about 30 mls on a charge.(never gone further than a couple of miles)Almost one yr old done less than 100 miles and has cruse control - no tax or ins required.
She is asking £400 for it -I can take a pic if anyone is interested
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
May be :thumb: but if memory is right it is all black
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
tax exempt for sure but will need insurance. MOT will also be required when it is over 3 years old

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
tax exempt for sure but will need insurance. MOT will also be required when it is over 3 years old

Do not think so Roger,a 14 yr old can ride it :thumb:I know she used to carry a paper to show the police :thumb: AND NEVER GOT DONE
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
not sure what the speed limit is but insurance is compulory over a certain speed. Even the web site selling them states it is so and also states a driving licence is required. As for a 14yr old driving it not sure how she never got done but she was too young. sounds like the paper some A frame suppliers provide to state its legal. just saying so does not make it so.
Even JJ's engine powered pushbike has to be insured.

[HI]
1) Do I need a licence to ride my Scoota?
If you want to use the Scoota on public roads then you will need to have a full car licence or a full or provisional motorbike licence (licence holders pre Feb 2001). Full car driving licence holders qualifying after 01 Feb 2001 must also complete a CBT course before riding a Scoota on the road.
2) Do I need motor insurance?
To use the Scoota on public roads in the UK, you need to have 3rd-party or comprehensive insurance.
[/HI]3) Is there a warranty?
All Ego Scootas have a 12 month parts warranty.
4) Do I need road tax / register with the DVLA?
The Scoota is exempt from road tax, but still need to be registered with the DVLA and have a relevant tax disc displayed whilst on public roads. Northwest Scooters can arrange this for you at the time of purchase at a cost of £55.
5) Are Scootas road legal?
Yes, all Ego Scootas are purchased with their own Certificate of conformity which confirms that the Scoota conforms to all European Type Approval standards, which enables the Scoota to be registered with the DVLA.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
not sure what the speed limit is but insurance is compulory over a certain speed. Even the web site selling them states it is so and also states a driving licence is required. As for a 14yr old driving it not sure how she never got done but she was too young. sounds like the paper some A frame suppliers provide to state its legal. just saying so does not make it so.
Even JJ's engine powered pushbike has to be insured.

[HI]
1) Do I need a licence to ride my Scoota?
If you want to use the Scoota on public roads then you will need to have a full car licence or a full or provisional motorbike licence (licence holders pre Feb 2001). Full car driving licence holders qualifying after 01 Feb 2001 must also complete a CBT course before riding a Scoota on the road.
2) Do I need motor insurance?
To use the Scoota on public roads in the UK, you need to have 3rd-party or comprehensive insurance.
[/HI]3) Is there a warranty?
All Ego Scootas have a 12 month parts warranty.
4) Do I need road tax / register with the DVLA?
The Scoota is exempt from road tax, but still need to be registered with the DVLA and have a relevant tax disc displayed whilst on public roads. Northwest Scooters can arrange this for you at the time of purchase at a cost of £55.
5) Are Scootas road legal?
Yes, all Ego Scootas are purchased with their own Certificate of conformity which confirms that the Scoota conforms to all European Type Approval standards, which enables the Scoota to be registered with the DVLA.

I think you will find that if it is restricted to 15mph it does not need a licence or insurance, thats the ruling with electric bikes anyway :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Send me a pic Terry
I only want one to race Brian around the sites:thumb:
G

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I think you will find that if it is restricted to 15mph it does not need a licence or insurance, thats the ruling with electric bikes anyway :thumb:
I covered that in my first sentance, but this one is switchable and can do 30mph, end of story.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I covered that in my first sentance, but this one is switchable and can do 30mph, end of story.

Hidden switch for off rd use :winky: Do not know a lot about it as it is not mine but you can pedal it as well :ROFLMAO:
Will send and post a pic later today :thumb:
terry

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Pics uploaded for Terry
Said he'd flattened his PC
Ran over it with the bike doing wheelies in the lounge:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anybody interested in a Electric scooter that my neighbor has for sale ?
It looks like a motor scooter,weighs 40kg,(less when no battery in it)48v battery,200w motor- I think it is called for ever eco, does 15 mph normal or you can switch it to do 30 mph ish,and supposed to do about 30 mls on a charge.(never gone further than a couple of miles)Almost one yr old done less than 100 miles and has cruse control - no tax or ins required.
She is asking £400 for it -I can take a pic if anyone is interested
terry

Attachments

• P1020132 (Medium).jpg
    P1020132 (Medium).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
  • P1020136 (Medium).jpg
    P1020136 (Medium).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P1020133 (Medium).jpg
    P1020133 (Medium).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 21
  • P1020135 (Medium).jpg
    P1020135 (Medium).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 20
  • P1020134 (Medium).JPG
    P1020134 (Medium).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks Geo :thumb:
if anyone has Picsa3 and knows how to re-size pics with it, can you tell me how to do it :Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Here you go GEO
Link Removed
these sell all spares etc, :thumb:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
they were selling them at Newbury

There was a company selling them at Newbury show.. some fantastic claims about no licence etc.,

My understanding is it has to be a much lower speed than being shown. I know my electric scooter is limited to 8 mph and has to have all the lights, indicators etc., to be on the road.. but it does have a top speed.. I think electric bikes are a little higher for speed, but there is a limit on them.. but I think that has the fact it must be peddled power to start off.

These scooters are outside the A1 motorbike licence rules minimum age is 17. output has to below 11 kW... which is 14.6 bhp in comparison. Mopeds under cat P are 16 years of age... Full car driving licence holders issued pre 1st Feb 2001 do not have to do a moped riding course... but recommended.

Another grey area this is at the moment.

Bob:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back