Places to visit around Nantwich ? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Woman and I intended doing Blackpool inbetwixt The Great Escape and The Bring and Buy at Wenbury

Sadly the reason for the Blackpool visit is no longer valid so we would like suggestions or ideas of places of interest to visit in the general area for a few days..

In other words.... HELPPPPPP !!!! :roflmto:

pinkgin

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto
Exp
15 + years,
loads and loads

start with wonderful Chester, a pure gem and less than 40 mins,
the Anderton boat lift, near Northwich,
if your lady likes shopping then there is Cheshire Oaks, a massive development of everything, then there's The Trafford Centre.

Dont forget Nantwhich and Sandbach, lovely little market towns.

there is the Hidden Bunker endless canals and walks,

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
places of interest to visit in the general area

As Nikki has said, the secret bunker is A Man's Thing. Two or three H bombs you can touch. Bonus if you set one off. Loads of techi stuff.

Oulton Park not far away, don't know if anything is on.

Cholmondeley Castle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
good C L with hook up and cheap to.

Don't tell everyone though:winky:

Link Removed

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
loads and loads

start with wonderful Chester, a pure gem and less than 40 mins,
the Anderton boat lift, near Northwich,
if your lady likes shopping then there is Cheshire Oaks, a massive development of everything, then there's The Trafford Centre.

Dont forget Nantwhich and Sandbach, lovely little market towns.

there is the Hidden Bunker endless canals and walks,

Oh John! Mo would adore Cheshire Oaks!! She'd love The Trafford Centre too!!
We live quite close to The Trafford Centre - let us know if you're going there - we may be able to meet up!! :winky::winky::winky:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
How about Southport?

We didn't realise just how nice a place it was, until we visited in December 2010.

We were very pleasantly surprised indeed.

Cheers,

Jock.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
How about Southport?

We didn't realise just how nice a place it was, until we visited in December 2010.

We were very pleasantly surprised indeed.

Cheers,

Jock.

You're quite right Jock - Southport is very nice - we didn't go for years - always went as a child and thought it an old peoples place - now we're old we appreciate it!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though it IS a nice place to visit!:Smile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
You're quite right Jock - Southport is very nice - we didn't go for years - always went as a child and thought it an old peoples place - now we're old we appreciate it!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though it IS a nice place to visit!:Smile:
Jaws, you're getting old mate. Get yourself up to Southport. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well we 'do' seaside places all the time.. Mo really has seen very little of the UK in her life so stuff like the boat lift, canals, shopping centres and scenery is more the sort of thing we are looking at ..

Gonna hook the buggy on the back as a toad so will have short range transport ( 10 miles max really ) from anywhere we plot up

PP, would be great to hook up with you folks so that is something for us to look forward to :thumb:

John, we are not members of the CC mate.. in fact as mentioned before, they actually blackballed me for complaining about the amount of spam they send !!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
What day are you and Mo likely to be arriving John?

Only there are a couple of other funsters looking at early arrival and you might be able to get together and hop on the bus, there is a bus stop right outside the cotton arms.
I spoke to Joe, (landlord) about how much of the field we will have this year, and he has told me practically all of it. I forgot to ask him about early arrivals, and whether there is some way I could put you all in the rally field discreetly and charge you rally fees.

Im sure it won't be a problem but need to confirm with Joe. Worst case scenario is that you end up on the site at £12 pn, but Im sure we can avoid that.

If Mo has not been to Chester before, you really should give it a go, also not far down the road is Cheshire Oaks...... So it's bus to Chester, explore and Lunch, Bus to Cheshire Oaks, shop till you drop, bus back to Nantwhich drink in the pub and relax.:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jaws, If you are near Blackpool there is a place with a difference you can go to on Sunday afternoons (plus evenings there) which is done up as a Wild West Fort.... It is called San Antone Country and Western. You could google it for the postcode. Depending on who is playing there (usually free admittance) you get a lot of bikers going. Joy

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What day are you and Mo likely to be arriving John?

Only there are a couple of other funsters looking at early arrival and you might be able to get together and hop on the bus, there is a bus stop right outside the cotton arms.
I spoke to Joe, (landlord) about how much of the field we will have this year, and he has told me practically all of it. I forgot to ask him about early arrivals, and whether there is some way I could put you all in the rally field discreetly and charge you rally fees.

Im sure it won't be a problem but need to confirm with Joe. Worst case scenario is that you end up on the site at £12 pn, but Im sure we can avoid that.

If Mo has not been to Chester before, you really should give it a go, also not far down the road is Cheshire Oaks...... So it's bus to Chester, explore and Lunch, Bus to Cheshire Oaks, shop till you drop, bus back to Nantwhich drink in the pub and relax.:thumb:

Jaws, If you are near Blackpool there is a place with a difference you can go to on Sunday afternoons (plus evenings there) which is done up as a Wild West Fort.... It is called San Antone Country and Western. You could google it for the postcode. Depending on who is playing there (usually free admittance) you get a lot of bikers going. Joy

Well we will be leaving the Great Escape on Monday morning.. So will have Monday evening to say, Thursday morning to do as we please.. Could arrive at the Cotton Arms on Tuesday instead of Thursday and do Chester all day Wednesday..
Do you reckon this would be possible Paul ?

Joy, sounds proper good that, but as you can see, Sunday we will still be at the show ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well, it looks like we now have a plan..

and the plan is good

Belvoir Castle, great Escape.. Will be there Thursday lunchtime..
Leave there on Monday morning and drive to Ilkeston.. to Regal Furnishing in fact

Plot up there for the night

Tuesday errr weellllll not sure apart from picking out cloth etc in the morning

Off to play for the day .. Will return on the evening but will have to go play for the Wednesday as well.. Wednesday evening head on over to Nantwich and the Bring and Buy..

Stay there until Sunday maybe Monday and then home :)

Looks like my plans to do a bit of site seeing were all but smoke in the wind after all :Doh:

Thanks to all for your ideas though.. at least we now have some more places to add to the bucket list !! ::bigsmile:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Near Cheshire Oaks you have:
Blue Planet Aquarium - i think its quite expensive
Chester Zoo - I thinks its very expensive
Canal/Boat Museum, Ellesmere Port - well worth a few hours if its not raining

Quite expensive, but good value overall - Knowsley Safari Park (drive through the baboon safe area)

The museums/art galleries Liverpool City Centre are free and are brilliant - and you should not miss a ferry ride on the Mersey - they have special trips.

http://www.blueplanetaquarium.com/

http://www.chesterzoo.org/

http://www.nwm.org.uk/

http://www.knowsleysafariexperience.co.uk/

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/

http://www.merseyferries.co.uk/

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Blue Planet Aquarium - i think its quite expensive
Chester Zoo - I thinks its very expensive

You're not kidding!
It would be £81.00 for us to have a day at the zoo :Eeek:

I think they do let you choose a baby panda to take home at that price, though.

(I remember when we used to cycle down there and sneak under the fence :Blush: .
It was quite important to choose the right enclosure)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Paul :thumb: PM duly replied to !

Cheers also to Grumps and others ( and the warning about the zoo ! No wonder the places are skint.. Bet the visitor numbers are down the toilet with those sort of prices !!

For woman and me to spend the day at Colchester zoo is about 30 beer tokens.. Even that is nasty but jeeezz louese £80 !!

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
If you go to Northwich/Anderton Boat Lift, there's a museum on London Road Northwich which details the history of salt mining and brine pumping in the local area.

Many of the black and white timbered buildings in Northwich centre, near the river bridge, used to have to be jacked up regularly to prevent them sinking into the ground.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back