Dec 28, 2010
Near Dover
Funster No
MH
LP
Exp
A new game
Morning All,

We are currently at Paestum, Italy and are planning/hoping to spend 2 or 3 nights in the nearby Monte Pollino National Park. This is supposed to be quite something and is described in the Blue Guide as being the last Mediterranean wilderness, unmissable, etc. The National Park website is clear that people should only camp in the park at authorised places and with the appropriate individual authorisation. However, it doesn't state where the approved places are or how to get an authorisation. A phone call to the Park HQ got me nowhere as my Italian wasn't anywhere near the mark and an email (translated into Italian courtesy of the internet) didn't provoke a response.

Has anyone any information on where the authorised campsites are and how to get an authorisation? Or indeed whether motohomes are allowed to overnight in the park.

I have considered driving to the park HQ but it appears to be at the end of a long, steep, winding, single lane road which I am not too keen to take the van along unless I am reasonably sure of a result when I get there.

Thanks very much.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's easy for me to say but generally speaking the mainland Europe is not stuffed full of bottom inspectors like we are. If you find a spot that looks like it offends no-one and suits you and has no notices, go for it.

OP
OP
C

Camper21

Free Member
Dec 28, 2010
Near Dover
Funster No
MH
LP
Exp
A new game
Thanks Brian. I will probably end up doing just that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Camper21

Free Member
Dec 28, 2010
Near Dover
Funster No
MH
LP
Exp
A new game
Thanks Brian. Surprisingly the Monte Pollino National Park authorities did respond to my email with a suggested location and a contact phone number nearby. Unfortunately, we had moved on south by then.

Regards

Glyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back