Filling up the water tank - 'how hard can it be?', I thought... (1 Viewer)

streetdaddy

Free Member
Mar 13, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have a 1998 Elddis Autostratus 5-berth coach built. I tried to fill up the water tank for the first time recently and the water just comes straight back out of the hose that is under the motorhome near the tank...

Am I supposed to block this hose, or is there some other lever or tap that I don't know about?

Feel like a bit of a doofus! :Doh:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Sounds like the water dump valve is open or possibly the manual drain plug in the bottom of the storage tank is open.

Sorry don't know where the auto dump valve is, but someone on here will.

Peter

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't know if it is the same as the Eldiss Autocirruss, but mine is in the wardrobe.... a removable floor. Remove it and go down it head first :whatthe: and lift up the flap tap. That means it is open. Close it push down the flap.. Don't fall in the hole.:Smile:

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Lift the seat base that backs onto the drivers' seat.

You will see a black tank - the water tank.

Gurning you face against the wall, reach your hand down between the wall and the tank.

At the bottom, nearest your leg as it were you will feel a tap - can be quite tight, turn 180 degrees and that will be off.:thumb:

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Gurning you face against the wall, reach your hand down between the wall and the tank.

At the bottom, nearest your leg as it were you will feel a tap - can be quite tight, turn 180 degrees and that will be off.:thumb:

Sounds about as easy as pulling the drain plug out on our LMC-but at least you dont have to strip to the waste and plunge your arm up to the armpit in cold water ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Could be the dump valve on the water heater if it has been left open after draining down. Happened to me once!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Upvote 0

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Don't know if it is the same as the Eldiss Autocirruss, but mine is in the wardrobe.... a removable floor. Remove it and go down it head first :whatthe: and lift up the flap tap. That means it is open. Close it push down the flap.. Don't fall in the hole.:Smile:

Sounds VERY unladylike!

Upvote 0

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
My drain tap is by the water pump. Check for a simple tap there, at the side going away from the pump.
It will be obvious what it is, no other reason for a tap to be there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sounds about as easy as pulling the drain plug out on our LMC-but at least you dont have to strip to the waste and plunge your arm up to the armpit in cold water ::bigsmile:

Mike.

We have one, same model, which is up for 'retirement' this year -( as soon as it has had it's 3 year windows out re-seal and finished this season anyway!)

I had a job finding the drain - not the best place in the world!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
streetdaddy

streetdaddy

Free Member
Mar 13, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie

cheers, that was it! doh :Doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back