Free Member
Mar 29, 2011
llandudno. North Wales
Funster No
MH
hymer Swift 544
Exp
1 year
:ROFLMAO:Finally I have persuaded the old man to give up work and travel to Europe with me from september 2011. So I need all the advice I can get from you all. So please help me, so that I can make a decent trip out of where to start. Perhaps going to Holland first then down to Portugal for the winter????

So looking forward to hearing from you with your years of experience.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
:ROFLMAO:Finally I have persuaded the old man to give up work and travel to Europe with me from september 2011. So I need all the advice I can get from you all. So please help me, so that I can make a decent trip out of where to start. Perhaps going to Holland first then down to Portugal for the winter????

Oh fabulous! We don't have years of experience, only going for the first time last year, we went twice, but I can't wait to get back again. Food is very expensive in France but you get used to it and the fuel is cheaper. If you are going for a long time, you would need refillable gas bottles or whatever. I think Gaslow seems to be popular but others will know more than me.

You would do well to get an ACSI card from www.vicariousbooks.co.uk/ and the All the Aires in France (oops) is very good too. Others will tell you about going away to Portugal for the winter. Have a lovely time and I hope we meet up on our travels. You should join us on a rally and get to know everyone. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

You'll have to go across France if you go to Portugal so .... ask for my mobile number before leaving cause in case of prob , i speak fluent french::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: and will be able to help you:winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
You would do a lot worse than speak to some of the many Funsters on here that winter in Spain.

Your listed to come to the Bring and Buy ellabella, there are many that are coming whom have been in Spain all winter. Keith, Suzy, Marie (penelope pitstop) to name a few. When you come I wlll introduce you and trust me,, there will be no looking back....

I am dead jealous, and Im sure your husband won't regret a moment of it... lifes too short,,,
enjoy it.::bigsmile::Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Perhaps going to Holland first

It's "all right" as long as you like flat and water.

At that time best pointing yourselves south and catching the last of summer.

Portugal winters get the Atlantic weather, Spain east coast gets some shelter.

But the bad news is you can't sure of a good winter anywhere in Europe.

That could be why loads of people gather in Morocco.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back