Any Golfers going to Mistertom meet (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi all i am booked in for the meet at misterton and notice there is a golf course just up the road if anyone fancies a game let me know it says on there web site its £6.50 cant be bad at that.

Gerry

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
We're members at this golf course and can recommend it. It's a great course and yes it's £6.50 whether you play 9 or 18 holes.

Gill

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gill
Thanks for that are you going or if i assume you live there, do you fancy a game we could have a mhf championship lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Gill
Thanks for that are you going or if i assume you live there, do you fancy a game we could have a mhf championship lol

Hi Gerry - sorry not got back sooner, we've been away for the long weekend. Our fifth wheel is on a seasonal pitch in the next village to Misterton - hence we are members of the golf club there. We are hoping to be on our site that weekend and planned to visit the Fun meet. Golf would be good - it would be great if we could get a few more players together.

Gill

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Be up for a game Gerry

stew

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gill and stew
Thanks for your replys looks like we will be having the first ever MHF golf championship :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That would be great i will pack my clubs before Lorraine see's them lol. Well sometime on the sat would suit me ideal maybe if your a member Gill you could check its ok to get a game that day.

Gerry

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Gerry

There shouldn't be any problem getting a game on the Saturday.

Both Al and I play (if you can call it that, I've only been playing a year). Hopefully Al will be fit enough to play by then as he's had cracked ribs from a car accident.

So with Stew that makes 4 of us.

Any more takers?

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gill
Thats sounds good to me. If anyone else fancies a game even if a novice please feel free to join im sure we will have fun.

Gerry

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
If any novices want to join in who haven't got clubs, I think they have clubs to loan. I can check it out for sure.

The course is very informal - jeans, trainers etc are allowed.

Gill

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Gill
Thats sounds good to me. If anyone else fancies a game even if a novice please feel free to join im sure we will have fun.

Gerry

How on Earth can you have FUN playing with your balls in public ?

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
How on Earth can you have FUN playing with your balls in public ?

There is much more to it than that Brian, its all about getting our balls near or in a hole. As we swing our big sticks we must be careful to keep them rigid but our bodies relaxed. As we get older we must concentrate on rythm rather than power or we might have a heart attack whilst on the job. Some holes are harder than others and access to them is very tight and require more strokes of our big sticks.

We are not loyal to just one hole and we often put it about and take on 18. After all that exercise we need to sit down and have a drink and of course we then talk about our conquests of the day.

Golf is often refered to as being very similar to real life. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

stew

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Checked it out last weekend and clubs are £3 to hire, trolley £2.

Gerry/Stew, what time do you want to play. Saturday is best for us - mid to late morning. We know 2 others who may want to join us (they're on the Haxey Quays site just across the road from the golf club).

Gill

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Might be interested if the weather is OK.Will need to hire kit. Been a few years since I played. :whatthe:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
Checked it out last weekend and clubs are £3 to hire, trolley £2.

Gerry/Stew, what time do you want to play. Saturday is best for us - mid to late morning. We know 2 others who may want to join us (they're on the Haxey Quays site just across the road from the golf club).

Gill

12 noon is good for me but I am more than happy to fit in with the others

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gill

Anytime will do for me, i think Andy from shirl/andy may be joing us for a game also so should be a good laugh.:Rofl1

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Gill

Anytime will do for me, i think Andy from shirl/andy may be joing us for a game also so should be a good laugh.:Rofl1

Hi Gerry,you may not be laughing,have you never heard of begginers luck,not that we will have any.IMay take you up on the offer all depends if Shirl lets me lol:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back