Barabus

Free Member
Apr 29, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
I'm looking for a reasonably priced (Upto £250) about 22" and prefer LED backlit, any suggestions please. Are there any benefits over a dedicated MH/C/B TV ie. Avtek to the known brands ie. Toshiba etc?

Thanks

Si :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you pays your money and makes your choice :thumb:Lots swear by Avitec etc, while other more cash wise save over 100 quid and buy other makes --see attachment
terry

Attachments

• SIMPLE GUIDE TO 12 VOLT LCD TV FOR MOTORHOMES.doc
    2.9 KB · Views: 27

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Just make sure you get a TV which will run on 12V as well as 240V, and check the power consumption.

We have an Avtex and a cheap 15 " from Makro in the van. Both run on 12V as well as 240V, both have built in Freeview, DVD players, USB input etc etc.

The Avtex does have much better and wider range of viewing angles and picture quality.
I suppose you do still get what you pay for. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
we have been using one of these Link Removed now for a few weeks , and its absolutely superb, the viewing angles are fantastic ,low powered ,led , recorder and dvd player , 12volt and 240v, and next day delivery

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are considering changing our current tv which is a 240V AC Toshiba. We also have a 12V Oyster sat dish and view through a 240V sky box.

If we bought the Avtec (mains and 12V) with built in freeview would it work with the Oyster dish and could I then ditch the sky box. Or should I be looking for freesat tvs rathher than freeview?

We currently have one 110Ah domestic battery running mostly LED lighting water pump, and displays.

Any suggestions guys please?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We are considering changing our current tv which is a 240V AC Toshiba. We also have a 12V Oyster sat dish and view through a 240V sky box.

If we bought the Avtec (mains and 12V) with built in freeview would it work with the Oyster dish and could I then ditch the sky box. Or should I be looking for freesat tvs rathher than freeview?

We currently have one 110Ah domestic battery running mostly LED lighting water pump, and displays.

Any suggestions guys please?

The Avtec will work with the Oyster as should any TV. The Oyster dish is just your antenna.
Freeview does not work via satellite. For that you will still need a sat receiver or a TV with built in Freesat (still quite expensive).
Again they would still need a 12V power option, otherwise you will need an invertor for your existing Skybox. Alternatively get a 12V sat receiver which will get all the free UK channels and can also be used on 19E if you travel away from the "Sky Footprint" on 28E.
::bigsmile:

OP
OP
B

Barabus

Free Member
Apr 29, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starfire
Exp
we have been using one of these Link Removed now for a few weeks , and its absolutely superb, the viewing angles are fantastic ,low powered ,led , recorder and dvd player , 12volt and 240v, and next day delivery
Thanks for the info and this does look a good one, cheers :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we got a LED TV its light and low powered and we are very pleased with it, ours came from Germany and I think it was about £150, shop around its a Odys Fino 15.6 inch 12v 240v LED backlit TV.

Product Information
With the very latest LED Backlight technology the Odys Fino 15" TV is a great buy. LED Backlights has a number of significant advantages; low power consumption, light-weight, thin, clear picture.

Power usage - just 2 Amps on 12v (24 Watts). Weight - just 1.4Kg and size - the screen depth is only 40mm.

Features: 15.6" Widescreen display, Digital (Freeview DVB-T) tuner with Electronic program guide, Analogue TV Tuner supporting All european countries including France (Secam L). 2 x 3W Speakers, VESA Wall mount compatible. Excellent connectibity: HDMI, Scart, S-Video, VGA, USB and A/V RCA Inputs. Headphone output. Remote control

Overall a very nice budget set that is so light and thin compared to other leisure tv's.

Shane sells them at Snellyvision.

:Smile: Bob.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
60w/5amps is when using the DVD player and i reckon is quite normal power consumption.

i would expect the tv tuner to be around 2 to 3 amps (24>36w) at most.

:notworthy: GETTING MIXED UP WITH WATTS AND AMPS:Doh: ours is 17 ins built in dvd and 35 w -- yep bigger tv = more power-- cheers John for pointing it out :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back