Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi
We have a garmin nuvi 660fm sat nav, we have had it about 4-5 years, sometimes when turned on it says needs updating as older than 1 year, I have been on garmins web site and down loaded a web updater several times but it still does not recognise some roads as they are new roads, as today returning home from stratford there is a new road layout and garmin did not recognise it.
Just been on garmin web site tonight and it says you can pay for a lifetime download of maps for europe for £74.99, or one off maps for about £33, is this normal for updating your maps? can anyone help, will be going to misterton if can download for me.
thanks
val
:helpsos:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
YOU have to download the maps, and you should have your authorisation key to hand, the long one on the yellow slip that came with the unit.
You don't have it? Hmmm, you're in the sh*t.
You then have to install the updated maps onto the unit by connecting it via the usb lead to the pc, and using MapSource to upload it to the unit.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you something different.........::bigsmile:

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
YOU have to download the maps, and you should have your authorisation key to hand, the long one on the yellow slip that came with the unit.
You don't have it? Hmmm, you're in the sh*t.
You then have to install the updated maps onto the unit by connecting it via the usb lead to the pc, and using MapSource to upload it to the unit.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you something different.........::bigsmile:

I will check the box that it came in, can't remember seeing a yellow slip though, have got the usb cable as used this to upload web update, hope someone know's how??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi We have a garmin nuvi cant remember the model but very happy with it, we took the lifetime update last year at £100 so your getting a bargin and yes i think all sat navs are the same you have to pay for updates.

One little tip when we bought ours it was only uk and Ireland so when downloading whole of europe it down loaded it to our memory card but thicko me took memory card out as didnt need it for hols and all we had was main roads no slip roads or b roads so that was fun. Ours is 5years old so your might be big enough memory without car but just in case.

Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back