Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi
Some clod walloped my passenger side mirror last week whilst in wales and didn't hang about.Resulting in a damaged swivel bracket, on top arm passenger side. Basically if you take top arm outer plastic covers of the mirror arm, all it is basically, is a pipe that slides over a lump of round cast metal which is part of the bracket and held in place via a small bolt. The bracket has snapped off where the pipe connects. The top bracket is then held in place by one single screw. I have manage to tie wrap the top arm together and replace covers ,and it looks fine but I need the top arm inner swivel bracket . Anybody any idea where I can get the bracket or must I buy a complete mirror .

Alan

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Alan
I hit my mirror same type as yours, bracket ok, but knocked all the plastic backing of the bottom ,tried to buy a new mirror but could not source one, so finished up rebuilding with car filler etc, not a bad finish, so it will do until next time lol, try the mirror man on the internet for your bracket or take it to a welder if poss, pete :thumb:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
It cheap cast and the lug the pipe slides over has come clean of,dont think it would weld?? ,I can remove the damaged bit without having to take full mirror off,only held in place by one screw. . If I cant source a new bit ill just leave as iss as you can see tie wraps behind plastic cover.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I too have had damage to a Ducato mirror, and fiats do not supply spares only a complete assembly.

Doug...

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
There were some good links given by Funsters Link Removed. You must have met the same person I did in Wales!

Steve

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
actually tried it but as its right on joint ,the arm:thumb: just keeps separating,was hoping somebody had replaced there mirror and had not tossed the old one . Basically when you remove plastic its very cheap gun metal brackets that hold it together:thumb::thumb:

I doubt if its gunmetal, gunmetal is a kind of bronze and is a brass colour, its more likely to be a aluminum alloy, I have the bits left over from my broken unit, but like you its broke at the joint on the arm.

Doug...

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
HAVE YOU TRIED PLASTIC METAL. IT USED TO BE AVAILABLE FROM CAR ASSESORY SHOPS.USED IT SOME TIM.E AGO. IT IS VERY STRONG.:thumb:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I doubt if its gunmetal, gunmetal is a kind of bronze and is a brass colour, its more likely to be a aluminum alloy, I have the bits left over from my broken unit, but like you its broke at the joint on the arm.

Doug...
Hi Doug your right ,it looks like a cast alloy ,silver on color,tried gluing it with two pack plastic metal but just snapped again cross the joint. Alan

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
These are not fiat but pattern parts so do not know how good they are but they are a lot cheaper

Link Removed

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Alan
Could you slid a bar in to the broken part's drill and screw both side with self tappers . Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back