LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
Just started looking at sites in France for the summer and fancied trying the vendee area.
Well checked a nice Castels site with pools and slides for Sophie and her friend send off for price and it came back at 76 euro a night. I send back asking if they had made a mistake but i was informed it was correct so wont be going there this summer.

Gerry

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Go to Germany.. far friendlier and no where near as greedy in most places

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We stayed at Les Brunelles in Longeville sur Mer last September.
It has fantastic facilities and takes Camping Cheques outside of main holidays.
Much less expensive than the one you were quoted even at full price.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Mags thanks for the link we had that one on our short list will be going school hols but still a lot cheaper than one we looked at.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Bit further south

If you drive a little further south, you can camp next to the river at Bourdeilles, free, swimming pool adjoining, canoe hire adjoining, kids playground, castle, pony riding nearby. Brantome is about 8kms up the road. Caves, boat trips, more canoeing.
No electric connection but you can always re-charge at my house--about 15 kms Bourdeilles.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
76 Euros for a campsite!! Is that some kind of record?

I think I would struggle to spend that much in 3 months using Aires.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
bit over the top

Even by Castels standards that is expensive... Me I would give it a miss.. 20 euros max per night and I expect electric for that as well. This trip over the last 3 weeks I think we paid euros 17 a night max. that was not ACIS and on ACIS euros 15 was the most we paid.

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
We wont be going to this site as no way id pay that. Had a look at the site mags sent and looks really nice dont have our exact dates but we are flexi.

Holyberry thank you very much for your kind offer of hook up to recharge our battery, the place you are talking about is it an aire or do you have coordinates so we could have a look on google earth.

Gerry

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Even by Castels standards that is expensive... Me I would give it a miss.. 20 euros max per night and I expect electric for that as well. This trip over the last 3 weeks I think we paid euros 17 a night max. that was not ACIS and on ACIS euros 15 was the most we paid.

Bob:Eeek:

Yes Bob but Gerry wants to go at the height of the season. If I read his post correctly there will be 4 people plus his motorhome. At the time Gerry wants to go the ACSI rates will not be valid.

European campsites at the height of the season are very expensive. I am currently paying 12 Euros per night plus 25 cents a night leccy in Spain. Try doing that in August, not a chance.
Jim
:Smile:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Well, you are not paying EDF prices for electricity, that's for sure! OK, we provide 16A but we certainly pay for it, and inevitably our guests have to pay sufficient to cover this. Even so, we come in at no more than 20 Euros even for a fully serviced pitch that is big enough for an RV - and we give a Funsters discount off of our prices.

If you're interested, we always have space in the peak months because we are not an all-singing all-dancing site that caters for myriads of youngsters - Parc Verger is tranquil and welcomes those who just want to crash out. A typical example is a couple on site now, who came en route to Spain six weeks ago, are still here now and though they have to go back to the UK in a week or so are busy planning their return!

So you do not need to pay a fortune to get onto a decent site - if you are prepared to pay for good quality services (serviced or part-serviced pitches, decent showers etc) you can find them.

Bob

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Bob
Your site looks lovely we are into minds to go to Sarlat area or the vendee so if we go for Sarlat then we will definitely stay with you.

Gerry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yes Bob but Gerry wants to go at the height of the season. If I read his post correctly there will be 4 people plus his motorhome. At the time Gerry wants to go the ACSI rates will not be valid.

European campsites at the height of the season are very expensive. I am currently paying 12 Euros per night plus 25 cents a night leccy in Spain. Try doing that in August, not a chance.
Jim
:Smile:

Your right Jim.

We have paid as much and more for a campsite in the South of france before now.

When you have to go in the school holidays in a fashionable site with all singing and dancing things, you have to pay.
However, it's rare we would stay a week in a place like that nowadays. We will have a couple of nights because by your own admission Gerry you say how nice it looks and some really are. If you price it up in comparison to a holiday without a motorhome it still works out cheaper on many occasions and you can use your motorhome for a 100 holidays a year.

Nowadays we tend to use more aires and do what Holly says, Kyack, Surf, Swim, all on a nice Municiple site....
I have a few cheaper but good slideing, entertaining Kid friendly sites I can share with you. :thumb:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul thanks for the offer that would be great if you could do that for me. Sophie likes all the outdoor kind of things abd we are open to any area.
gerry

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Well, you are not paying EDF prices for electricity, that's for sure! OK, we provide 16A but we certainly pay for it, and inevitably our guests have to pay sufficient to cover this. Even so, we come in at no more than 20 Euros even for a fully serviced pitch that is big enough for an RV - and we give a Funsters discount off of our prices.

If you're interested, we always have space in the peak months because we are not an all-singing all-dancing site that caters for myriads of youngsters - Parc Verger is tranquil and welcomes those who just want to crash out. A typical example is a couple on site now, who came en route to Spain six weeks ago, are still here now and though they have to go back to the UK in a week or so are busy planning their return!

So you do not need to pay a fortune to get onto a decent site - if you are prepared to pay for good quality services (serviced or part-serviced pitches, decent showers etc) you can find them.

Bob

Sorry Bob
That should have been 25 cents per 1 Kw at 5 amp. I'm using about 3 Kw per day and 5 amp is plenty for our needs at this time of year.
Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back