Cycle Rack marker boards - France (1 Viewer)

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi,

Roll on Wednesday, off to France for 6 weeks, with chunnel tickets both ways paid for with Tesco points!! Got a return ticker to Ireland for the autumn, paid for by the same method.

I have done a search, regrding marker boards,and there's quite a lot on the forum about these things. but there is no unequivocal answer.

From what I can gather, they are recommended, but are not a legal requirement. The reason I ask is because the last two were stolen, one in France and one in Germany, and as I'm not going any further south than Brittany this year, If I don't HAVE to have one, I'm not risking another.

For what it's worth, I have cycle Panniers on my bike which have flo Orange covers, around 14"x12", so nobody is going to be in any doubt that there are bikes on the rack.

Thanks,

Doug

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
I believe that recommended but not legally required is the correct position.

We never bother with ours in France. Places like Italy do require them all of the time, but not France.

Never had an issue and the majority of others I have seen over there don't either.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we have a Fiamma cycle cover and I wish they had thought of putting one of these warning notices onto the cover, it would save a lot of hassle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
savantuk

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
we have a Fiamma cycle cover and I wish they had thought of putting one of these warning notices onto the cover, it would save a lot of hassle.

They now do a model with a transparent 'sleeve' which you can slip a board into. Neat solution, but the board is even easier to steal:Eeek:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We bought one to use in France but we are in France now and don't see many on bike racks. Only the ones that have travelled from Spain I guess. So we haven't put ours on anyway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back