Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Here we are sitting in the middle of a municipal campsite in Gray in the middle of France. A massive site with just 4 campers here. I am amazed by reading some posts and have experienced myself the cost and difficulty of getting on some sites on a bank holiday weekend. And here we are by the side of a lovely canal with a restaurant in spitting distance all for the price of a CL back in the UK.
We are definitely coming back to France for bank holidays in the future.
When we think what happened on the last bank holiday for us,crowded in a haven site and the going price for that was38pound a night. Not that we paid that,we took a seasonal there,never again though. Much too long in one place A fiver a night is what swayed us though.
We are paying 13 euro a night. There is an aire next door but am getting Tez used to the idea first with some crafty comments. He WILL get brave soon.LOL
It is our first time here in France but certainly won't be the last. The weather seems more settled here too,or is it nice in the UK as well?

bish

Free Member
Apr 29, 2011
stafford
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
hi, as im new to the site, its great to hear than holidays in france are what i hoped, sounds like your in a fab place but our weather at the moment has defeated all bank holidays as its BRIGHT SUNSHINE AGAIN.
enjoy your hols, bish:winky:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Don't wear anything out as we are on the Thursday lunch time ferry to Calais.

We have the ACSI book and card and we have All the Aires book so start looking out for us,

Enjoy Alan and lynda and Ken and Steph

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Here we are sitting in the middle of a municipal campsite in Gray in the middle of France. A massive site with just 4 campers here. I am amazed by reading some posts and have experienced myself the cost and difficulty of getting on some sites on a bank holiday weekend. And here we are by the side of a lovely canal with a restaurant in spitting distance all for the price of a CL back in the UK.
We are definitely coming back to France for bank holidays in the future.
When we think what happened on the last bank holiday for us,crowded in a haven site and the going price for that was38pound a night. Not that we paid that,we took a seasonal there,never again though. Much too long in one place A fiver a night is what swayed us though.
We are paying 13 euro a night. There is an aire next door but am getting Tez used to the idea first with some crafty comments. He WILL get brave soon.LOL
It is our first time here in France but certainly won't be the last. The weather seems more settled here too,or is it nice in the UK as well?

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:I am very happy that you are enjoying your time here in France......

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool::Cool:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It's much more than I guessed here. It's lovely. Our waiter the other night said he was from Tolouse!! I said I had a friend there. Hope you don't mind calling you that? I didn't think my French or his english could have stood up to the conversation!!
Even though we didnt enjoy our meal,the food in the supermarket is delightfully different,even though I don't know what much of it is,it is a nice surprise taste wise,no need to bring lots of provisions here.
The food is as I say very nice and reasonable too, even the water which we buy even though you can drink it, works out at 5pence a litre, we just don't like the taste of tap water.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
If you're looking for the French Motorhomers on a Bank Holiday, they are on the Aires up and down the coast or near big expanses of water. Especially the free ones.

Popped in to La Rochelle Easter Sunday and the aire which should hold 20 or so had around 60 Units clogging the whole car park up.

It's the same at all the popular spots, the maximum allowed number of units, for any of the free aires means nothing to them.

Often plenty of room on the pay ones though.

Pete:Cool:

PS if they're not on the aires they are probably in Adenquirke buying up all the cheap baccy:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
,the food in the supermarket is delightfully different,even though I don't know what much of it is,it is a nice surprise taste wise,no need to bring lots of provisions here.
The food is as I say very nice and reasonable too, QUOTE]

We were surprised at that last year when we went for the first time. At home you buy a pack of ham and it's just wet, salty and tasteless, but in France it tastes of ham as we remember it from days gone by. Tomatoes actually taste of tomato, not flavourless acid - even the ubiquitous croisants taste better than what you get at home. And if you haven't done so yet do try and catch some of the local markets. Enjoy it all
Wyn

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Yes, France is such a beautiful country, with so many options in camping terms, ranging from aires where you can be cheek-by-jowl with far too many others sometims, to virtually empty campsites (many of which do not open until May anyway). The countryside varies so much, but every day we are thankful that we chose to come to the Limousin, it is just so lovely, with its forests and lakes, and the rolling countryside.

Whether you visit us at Parc Verger (www.parcverger.com) or not, we are sure that you will enjoy the options that France presents. The foods - generally in-season and very fresh - and wines make it such a delight to live here let alone to visit, and the driving is a real pleasure. the difference between driving north and south of the Channel is unbelievable.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back