Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Can anyone explain why the Red Arrows were not in the flypast at Yesterdays Royal Wedding. and wouldn't it have been great to have Concorde flying as well.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Can anyone explain why the Red Arrows were not in the flypast at Yesterdays Royal Wedding. and wouldn't it have been great to have Concorde flying as well.

Wedding or not, it would be absolutely great to see Concorde flying again :thumb: :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
livingstones lez charges(he started it) :Eeek:
and heavy emmissions red white and blue
:thumb:

somthing about the red arrows makes your spine tingle
flying in formation they go over us once or twice a year
always a treat think they may be in cyprus
trainig for the air shows

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Probably because it wasnt an "official" royal wedding.

I thought the lancaster could have dropped confetti.

The atmosphere and view a few years ago when it dropped the poppys was amazing.

Additionally the Royal Arrows usually perform at Trooping the Colour which takes place on 11 June 2011 so it may have been deemed "too much of a repeat".

If anyone is in London in June, there are usually 2 rehearsals on each on the two prior saturdays.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Would have been nice to see the Red Arrows. Concorde was killed off by Blair and Chirac . Back to the square wheel :Sad:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Yes, the Red Arrows would have been grand :Smile:

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
A quick look at their official website reveals that they visited Rochefort airshow in france and Southend air show in Southend last friday.

Link Removed

The section that tells about how to request a display or a flypast actually states that the team are not allowed to do flypasts at weddings, but I doubt that that would have been a reason though. :roflmto:

Rasmus

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Concorde is no longer airworthy, agree with the Red Arrows, would have made a fitting finale.

Peter

Peter, Neither would the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight be if they were not kept air worthy and I'm sure that everyone on MHF would agree that Concorde is one plane that also should be kept flying for displays :thumb:

Mick

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
A quick look at their official website reveals that they visited Rochefort airshow in france and Southend air show in Southend last friday.

Link Removed

The section that tells about how to request a display or a flypast actually states that the team are not allowed to do flypasts at weddings, but I doubt that that would have been a reason though. :roflmto:

Rasmus

Think you will find these dates are for May

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Yeah....

We thought they were there as well....

Certainly not seen around here last Friday...:Sad:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

Link Removed

Rasmus

end of may for southends air show red arrows always appear

[HI] http://www.militaryairshows.co.uk/ven13.htm[/HI] :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
think they may be in cyprus trainig for the air shows
More than likely.

They can do more training during during March/April time in Cyprus, than they can do in six months in the UK, due to the better weather. When I was at Akrotiri, they did 3 x practice displays every day, bringing them up to their peak for the display season.

It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, every time I see them. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Guys.

You are correct...:thumb:

The Red Arrows have left Lincolnshire for their annual Spring training detachment to Royal Air Force Akrotiri in Cyprus.
The Team will train overseas, flying three sorties a day, five days a week to prepare for the busy summer display season.
The aircraft, pilots, engineers and support crew will not return to the UK and their home base at Royal Air Force Scampton in Lincolnshire until the end of May.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Given the state of our defence budget I'm not sure we van justify either the BBMF or the Reds
Sorry, I missed this earlier post. :Doh:

Whilst unfortunately, I have to agree with you to some point, I think that it is terrible that we as once, "the fourth richest nation in the world", are now unable to support our historical aviation history/heritage, and have to rely upon voluntary donations to keep alive the likes of the Vulcan, and are at risk of losing funding for the BBMF and the Red Arrows.

TBH, with the way things are going in this country, we must now be the laughing stock of the world, never mind the rest of Europe. :Blush::Blush::Blush:

Embarrassingly yours, (as a proud Brit, and a former ex serviceman).

Jock.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I agree the red arrows would have been nice - BUT.....The fact that his rescue heli, flying his own service flag did a flyover that coincided with him driving himself away from the palace, was pretty perfect timing for something that wasn't planned!

Almost as if his heli led them on their way - which was pretty cool!:thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Yeah both would have been good but I have to say the images of the Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane flying up the Mall and then over the Palace were stunning as was the sound.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Don't do as I do !!!

I agree the red arrows would have been nice - BUT.....The fact that his rescue heli, flying his own service flag did a flyover that coincided with him driving himself away from the palace, was pretty perfect timing for something that wasn't planned!

Almost as if his heli led them on their way - which was pretty cool!:thumb:

How many of you noticed as I did that not a single seatbelt was used !!!
Despite the fact that I am an ardent Republican.......I watched and enjoyed the TV coverage !!!
You all have permission to hurl official insults at me ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back