Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
I have had my RV laid up since last October, and my first trip of the season was a 3 day break at Whitemead in Lydney. All was well, she ran nicely all the way there, all the electrics checked out, the fridge was working fine on the gas and switched over without issue.
Great, all I had to do was fill up the water tank. This is when my problems began.
When I ran the taps on the sink, water was pouring out from the floor out side ( which thankfully the wife spotted) i just thought the water was taking a while to pump through.

Anyhow what i found was one of the water pipes had a long split in it!!
I have managed to dry everything out as it was a nice weekend, and have since had a humidifier in there just incase.
What i need to know now is, where do i get the plastic water pipe from? Are there fittings i could use to just cut the affected area out or will I have to replace the whole lot?

Any advise gratefully accepted.

Mike

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
cannot advise on fittings, but sure someone will be able to offer you advice better than I on that what I would say however is to prevent a repeat performance add a drain tap at the lowest point.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
What size is the pipe, I bought some Red and Blue 12mm O/D pipe from Link Removed for £1 metre. They also do 1/2" water pipe in both colours along with the push fittings. By the way, B&Q do 1/2 push fittings as does the Plumb Centre.

By the way, my van was drained down for Winter and I had a split pipe!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What size is the pipe, I bought some Red and Blue 12mm O/D pipe from Link Removed for £1 metre. They also do 1/2" water pipe in both colours along with the push fittings. By the way, B&Q do 1/2 push fittings as does the Plumb Centre.

By the way, my van was drained down for Winter and I had a split pipe!!!!
America still uses odd size fittings...
may be 5/8ths, 1/2" or 9/16ths....nothings simple with an RV :Sad:

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks everyone, Papajohn you may have unearthed a problem. My Van has been refurbed, the guy has used what appears to be a normal domestic sink and mixer tap, (not 100% will have to double check) Thanks for the link though :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks everyone, Papajohn you may have unearthed a problem. My Van has been refurbed, the guy has used what appears to be a normal domestic sink and mixer tap, (not 100% will have to double check) Thanks for the link though :thumb:
reckon Duncan will sort you out with different adaptors, reducers and sizes.

dont know how he does it but he knows just about everything about RV's and their problems/querks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back