grandadbaza

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Habrough, N E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
Just wondered if anyone had changed a KPH speedo dial to a MPH one, and had the old KPH one lying around , would like to buy it if anyone had one , to fit latest Ducato
:thumb:

Baza

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Just wondered if anyone had changed a KPH speedo dial to a MPH one, and had the old KPH one lying around , would like to buy it if anyone had one , to fit latest Ducato

Baza

Errm! Is that called "Clocking"?

Doug...

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Baza

If you already have an MPH dial it has the KPH also on the dial, although in smaller digits.
You can also switch over the trip computer into Kilometers using the mode control switches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
grandadbaza

grandadbaza

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Habrough, N E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
Errm! Is that called "Clocking"?

Doug...

I do not want to do anything illegal , I dont want to change the mileage, thats on a digital display anyway, I just want to change the dial face on the speedo to KPH as I struggle to read the small red numbers on the kph display without specs on ,going on extended trip in euro and it would be easier to keep eye on speed if if I changed dial
Seen various sites where you can by Mph dials but not Kph ones

Baza

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
I do not want to do anything illegal , I dont want to change the mileage, thats on a digital display anyway, I just want to change the dial face on the speedo to KPH as I struggle to read the small red numbers on the kph display without specs on ,going on extended trip in euro and it would be easier to keep eye on speed if if I changed dial
Seen various sites where you can by Mph dials but not Kph ones

Baza

Off topic with your original post, I know, but I found that the speedo reading on my Garmin sat-nav was better to read - and more accurate - that the Fiat's speedo - and it's switchable between metric and imperial too. They're so cheap nowadays that it may even be cost effective ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Lockwoods make replacement dials for many vehicles. That's where I got a Sprinter MPH dial to replace the original KPH one. I am not sure if they make the 'reverse fit'.
However, if you replace the MPH dial (which also shows smaller kph markings) with a KPH dial, that is unlikely to show MPH. It is illegal to drive a UK registered vehicle without MPH indication. I know some people (and importers) mark the 30/50/70 mph positions with stickers, but the law requires that the mph markings are visible under all conditions: i.e. they must be illuminated at night. That is quite difficult to achieve with markings stuck on the 'glass' of the dial cluster.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back