LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can someone who has done the Moselle und Rhine fluß trip do a suggested route for me ?

Tried to get to do it three times now and never seem to find anywhere worth stopping ( I have a real knack for doing that ! )

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Can someone who has done the Moselle und Rhine fluß trip do a suggested route for me ?

Tried to get to do it three times now and never seem to find anywhere worth stopping ( I have a real knack for doing that ! )

We went to Germany and the Rhine last year, it is so beautiful on the Rhine, we stayed at a little site near Boppard, litte boat yard behind and parked right next to the Rhine watching the barges go up and down, Boppard is a bike ride away, just a few miles down the road is bacharac, there is an aire there and lots of camping sites, you can jump on the boats which cross the river and also take your camper accross, if you are at Misterton i will find my stuff out for you Jaws.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We went to Germany and the Rhine last year, it is so beautiful on the Rhine, we stayed at a little site near Boppard,

Boppard great.

A bit south:

Link Removed

And further south:

Link Removed

On the Swiss side a big car park with overnight camping for MHs at reasonable cost. Dumps and showers. No vignette needed because you don't go on motorway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
if you have kids and they like theme parks check out europapark at Rust
it also has its own motorhome aire within walking distance of main entrance themed on wild west, similar to euro disney but nicer and more reasonable.

we also followed the rhine south and wild camped along its route, without any problems..

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Ref. Mosel

We started at one end and couldn't remember arriving at the other! Hick!! ::bigsmile:

More stellplatze than than you can shake a stick at John, you'll be fine mate!:Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Here they all are!::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Mosel-Rhine.jpg
    Mosel-Rhine.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 38
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
'vignette' ???
Wyn

Under 3500kg you need to by a Vignette to go on the toll roads, I think its just a sticker and lasts a year. Over 3500kg you have to pay an HGV tax for every day you are in Switzerland, which also covers driving on the M/ways.

Ian

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Is it a kind of toll pass, then? or something additional?
Wyn

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is it a kind of toll pass, then?
Wyn

That's it, a permit to use Swiss motorways. Runs Jan to Jan.

Vital in the winter because you'd not get over the passes but optional in the summer with a bit of planning to avoid motorways.

A bit under £30 per year.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers re Boppard :Smile:
I avoid Switzerland like the plague.
Dislike the place with a passion.. Greedy greedy people and greedier govt.
The Swiss plod are very polite, and make all the right noises but when you start looking they are actually from the same background as Prescott was.. members of the Thug clan :Eeek:::bigsmile:

Just looked and Boppard is pretty close to the route to Bad Durkheim ( a really lovely site with a huge lake and excellent fishing ! ), so will almost certainly take that in.

So where would you folks suggest we make a dive for the Moselle and leave the Rhine ? ( if you see what I mean ! )

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
If it's any help I have posted some pictures of Boppard in our album
Wyn

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
went to camping loreleyblick last week, stayed 1 night, the noise is horrendous with trains on both sides of camp. motorhomes and caravans all crammed in together. you can not get near rhine because it is full of all season caravanners. we went further south to black forest ( alpirsbach) beautiful place and town.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
That's it, a permit to use Swiss motorways. Runs Jan to Jan.

Vital in the winter because you'd not get over the passes but optional in the summer with a bit of planning to avoid motorways.

A bit under £30 per year.

A tiny bit off topic but once again an example of British naivity, thousands of continental HGV's hammering our road surfaces and paying sweet FA towards the maintenance and upkeep of them!!:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back