Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Are we in a parallel universe or something. Here we are in Charley sur marne in the middle if France on bank holiday and there is only 2 campers here on a large municipal camp site. In Britain this would be full to bursting this weekend with normal campers not even being able to get in for the weekend due to it getting booked up months in advance. The shops are only open half day so they do observe the Easter holidays. It's nice to have it quiet but I was just wondering that's all.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Are we in a parallel universe or something. Here we are in Charley sur marne in the middle if France on bank holiday and there is only 2 campers here on a large municipal camp site. In Britain this would be full to bursting this weekend with normal campers not even being able to get in for the weekend due to it getting booked up months in advance. The shops are only open half day so they do observe the Easter holidays. It's nice to have it quiet but I was just wondering that's all.

On the site we are on in Spain it was standing room only until last week. Over Easter it has been almost empty compared to the dead of winter.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Yep quite normal Trish! Most of the people here won't book too much in advance as they want to know the forecast first and that is much more for couples . Easter is a family time! So most of the time if there are still children at home it will be a family meal and may be a morning out in the fields to look for eggs or anything else looking like chocolate::bigsmile:. Here in Toulouse many places (public gardens or local castles) will hide eggs and invite all the children to have a good time.. Most shops will be closed except bakeries -boulangeries and chocolatiers- in the morning (sunday and monday that is). It is a bit like Christmas, not a lot of people out of their houses and all the members of a family stuck together to share that special time.

Hope i answered your questions

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Yes, here in Limousin all of the French locally are getting together as families, and we've had only one French couple in a motorhome during the weekend. Fortunately we have lots of English guests in RVs, fifth wheels, caravans and tents staying over the holiday, and everyone on site enjoyed a great get-together for our traditional Sunday aperitifs yesterday.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
It's very nice to see though reminds me of the days when I grew up..before supermarkets and we all had good times being with families.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We opened for Easter and sat on an empty site all weekend. I think we are invisible, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back