Swift Escape 686 vs Eldis Autoquest 180 (1 Viewer)

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Anyone have any views on build quality of the two above compared to each other ?
both have the same layout with a 'mini' U shaped rear loung, both 6 berth, both within £500 of each other new with similar equipment, from my untrained eye the Eldis looks better made inside

Thanks in advance

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Anyone have any views on build quality of the two above compared to each other ?
both have the same layout with a 'mini' U shaped rear loung, both 6 berth, both within £500 of each other new with similar equipment, from my untrained eye the Eldis looks better made inside

Thanks in advance

I can not comment on the Eldis as I do not know the model but as I have had a Swift for 6 years I would say that anything would probably be better than a Swift.

The build quality of mine is rubbish, I would never have another one and I would sell this one if I could afford to buy something else.

Doug...

Upvote 0

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years

Thanks in advance

I have had an Elddis from new since August last year and no probs apart from the table which fell apart in the first week , everything else has been spot on up to now touch wood :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
do your homework plenty of info especially Swift build quality on the internet

Link Removed

Upvote 0

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
do your homework plenty of info especially Swift build quality on the internet

Link Removed

That site belongs to Swift, its an advert, can you believe it?

Doug...

Upvote 0

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Doug I have read people saying what a good job Swift did of replacing their rotten motorhome floor in a van a few years old!

I do not know much of Eldis quality but Swift does have a lot of room for improvement from what I read:Doh:

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We would never touch another Elddis after the way in which a water ingress problem was dealt with under warranty.
Don't get us wrong, all MHs can suffer faults, but our water leak took nine months to sort out under warranty! In that time more work was required than originally the case because of more water ingress and the resulting repair was, well, shite.:Sad:
Oh yes, and once that leak was sorted properly (by me!), another one raised it's ugly head on the other side of the van! The problem was rotting wood chips in the sealant bead, causing passage of water through the sealant.
We are continually told that all manufacturers and dealers are the same, but we were not willing to take the risk when we wished to change our van for another.
Sorry to be so negative, but we do have an axe to grind! We are sure a great many Elddis owners out there will spring to their defence.
What we are saying, is treat your new or secondhand motorhome like buying a house. Once you have parted with your cash, you are generally on your own! Don't expect much of the motorhome trade, they mostly have the integrity of Col Gadaffi!
And no, we aren't blowing the trumpet for the dealer that supplied our present van, they are crap too! Faults that should have been sorted before delivery I ended up doing myself!

Maybe it's best to look at your new purchase carefully, whether it be new or secondhand, and treat it as 'sold as seen'.

Good luck!::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
disappointing replies/views to these manufactures /motorhomes for motoberg and indeed myself as the layout of these vans suits our needs perfectly and when we can afford to upgrade these were top of the list is there another more upmarket manufacturer with the same layout?
We will probably buy a used version of either swift /eldiss but be very careful to pick a goodun! Good luck on your quest motoberg good choice IMO:thumb:

Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Thanks in advance

Our last van was an Elddiss Autoquest 160, the 6 berth bunk bed one. The 180 shares almost everything excepting the rear lounge as opposed to the bunk beds at the back. Seating, cupboards, appliances and so on are all the same.

We had no issues with the quality, just found some of the style and design a bit outdated, but it was a good van and we had no problems with it worth mentioning.

I don't know the Swift personally but one friend had one and they had a lot of problems.

Whatever you buy, take your time, even hire for a week to test the layout. Although we thought the Elddis 160 was the layout for us after a wee while away we began to find out what we actually wanted.

Then just have FUN.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back