Sailing Club now allows Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I have been member of Norfolk Broads Yacht Club for 18 years and Graham 31 years since he was 14. The club is leased from a local family and up until 2 years ago the Club secretary has always disallowed Motorhomes saying its in the lease that they are not allowed :cry:. Anyway he has now retired and the new Secretary has looked into this and said there is nothing in the club lease thats says motorhomes are not allowed. Woopee, we have just spent a wonderful weekend down at the club and our friends who were at a club sailing event yesterday also joined us. A lovely wild camp spot close by too!!

Dale

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We are down by the sailing club tomorrow, taking the canoe out on the broad.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Have a good time out on the water and great wild camping area there on the beach, but I never said that :RollEyes:. Emily has been at sailing school all week, then rescue boat duty yesterday, in a competition today and supposedly tomorrow down river from Hickling Broad to Potter and back, but she has been ill this aft and is now in bed. Think she is just worn out and possibly sun stroke! Anytime your down again let us know, we only live in Old Catton.

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
the Club secretary has always disallowed Motorhomes saying its in the lease that they are not allowed, the new Secretary has looked into this and said there is nothing in the club lease thats says motorhomes are not allowed. Dale

Doesn't that make you feel so mad that for all these years you could have been using the motorhome when visiting the club! :Angry:

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
No, because we had a motor cruiser then the motorhome 18 months ago. Its mainly visitors who come from afar to compete at the club that have missed out, but not now :thumb:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
I used to live in Old Catton (on the Paddocks) as a child. Parents now moved from there to Spixworth.

Will be the first time I have been up by the sailing club for years so will have a good look around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
When someone say's It's in the lease or that is our instructions I always ask them to show me in writing where it states this. It is amazing the number of times that they cannot produce the evidence.
So always ask for proof before accepting their word, but do it nicely so as not to offend. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back