Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
TonyG pm'd me but I havent a clue and the workshop is closed so any genius's out there?:thumb:

icon1.gif
Autowatch alarm
Sorry to be cheeky and pick your brains when I can't offer anything in return.
Our MH had an Autowatch alarm fitted when we bought it secondhand in the autumn. Unfortunately, the dealer wasn't all that informative and there was no accompanying documentation either. It works on the cab doors and there is one sensor on the hab door. However, trial and error, we worked out that one plip on the top left hand fully armed it and one plip on the smooth right hand button turned it off. So far, so good.
Also, we deduced that one plip closely followed by another seemed to arm it but disabled the motion sensors, allowing us to be inside at night but protected.
At first this seemed to work but now although the blue light comes on, the alarm does not activate when the hab door opens. This is a puzzle because opening the hab door sets off the alarm when 'fully' activated. So the sensor works.
Could I have altered the set up, inadvertently?
There are two more buttons on the key fob. The left hand one says 'push for panic', 'push twice for lights' and 'push once to cancel'. Once for panic seems to do nothing, twice for lights puts the indicator lights on (not flashing). Finally, the bottom right says 'push twice for trunk or second channel'. This does not seem to do anything.
What I want to do is simply fully arm when away from the vehicle and externally alarm overnight.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could be the door sensor has been connected to the PIR/ultrasonic outlet on the control module.

usually turning off the internal sensors turns off the internal PIRs/ultrasonic sensors so you can move about freely.

the hab door sensor may need rewiring in to the cab door switch circuit.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
could be the door sensor has been connected to the PIR/ultrasonic outlet on the control module.

usually turning off the internal sensors turns off the internal PIRs/ultrasonic sensors so you can move about freely.

the hab door sensor may need rewiring in to the cab door switch circuit.

The hab door sensor seems to be an unwired remote magnet/transmitter module on the door/frame. Maybe the central unit needs resetting but I've no idea how.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you could try disconnecting all power to the alarm module (disconnect batteries) then reconnecting....this may reset the control module...if it doesnt have its own onboard power backup.

if it runs on the engine battery make sure you have the radio code, if it needs one.

i have a similar setup on mine (different alarm to yours) with, what looks like, a domestic PIR but is wireless.
attached to the main module is a wireless receiver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Tony...I'm sorry did you check out my earlier post link...I know it said eldiss but there are instructions for the Autowatch alarm system near the end...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back