LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi, has anyone on fun tried a caravan awning the light weight type on there fiamma awning (thread it through runner) We know it would be short but wondered if anyone had found a way of altering the length ect. We dont like the movelite type for motorhomes. The one i am looking at is the suncamp ultima 390 (dont know how to do a link from internnet). Have seen motorhomes with the awnings on just wondered if any of you were on fun.
Kate x

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Awning

Hi Kate - we have a lightweight awning on our Burstner Aviano.
We had no fixed awning so bought a length of awning rail from O,Learys near Hull and stuck it on.
It is a bit short but you can buy an extension that slides onto your rail and then fixes to your awning.
Try ringing John Cross they are Flamma agents and very helpfull
Sue

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi, has anyone on fun tried a caravan awning the light weight type on there fiamma awning (thread it through runner) We know it would be short but wondered if anyone had found a way of altering the length ect. We dont like the movelite type for motorhomes. The one i am looking at is the suncamp ultima 390 (dont know how to do a link from internnet). Have seen motorhomes with the awnings on just wondered if any of you were on fun.
Kate x

Hi Kate
When we were looking for an awning we were told to check whether its a caravan or motor home awning.... not sure what the diff is maybe the length as you mentioned

We bought a drive away in the end as it will attach to the motorhome or will stand alone if you need to use the vehicle ( we generally place it at the end of the van sideways so the fixed awning could still be used )

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Amanda

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
MH
sundance 630g
Exp
since 2006 with my mom & dad
Hi, thanks for that Kath(champers). We had a drive away awning (the heavy type) before. They are not big enough for what we want. The caravan ones will go the length of the mat we put ouside the van, we will use it when we want to stay put for a while, Amanda's scooter takes a lot of room up in those small awnings.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hiya

We have a suncamp 260 (I think - two panels) that we attach to the fiamma awning We used it on our Lunar and we didnt find it that short. We have yet to use it on the Hymer.

The bottom of the awning (where the tent pegs go in) give it a little extra length. We are looking to replace our 260. We saw an Outdoor revolution compactlite pro 400 at Newark (£239 from Camping International) that looked stronger and its a bit squarer at the front. They also do a slightly smaller one as well compactlite 325 (£215) Im not sure if they were show offers or not. They didnt have them at Peterborough so I think that they may be very popular.

Hope Ive made sense.

Sonja

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hiya

We have a suncamp 260 (I think - two panels) that we attach to the fiamma awning We used it on our Lunar and we didnt find it that short. We have yet to use it on the Hymer.

The bottom of the awning (where the tent pegs go in) give it a little extra length. We are looking to replace our 260. We saw an Outdoor revolution compactlite pro 400 at Newark (£239 from Camping International) that looked stronger and its a bit squarer at the front. They also do a slightly smaller one as well compactlite 325 (£215) Im not sure if they were show offers or not. They didnt have them at Peterborough so I think that they may be very popular.

Hope Ive made sense.

Sonja

Thanks Sonja, we wondered if we could add anything to the sections where the tent pegs go in if it wasn't long enough. I will have a look at the one you saw at newark it may just be what we are looking for.:Smile:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
Porch

I insisted on buying a caravan awning for our MH because they were a lot cheaper.... we were able to find a lightweight porch awning (see our photos) and we did not have a problem finding one of the correct hight, just took the meansurment from Femma awing slot to floor. Our awning cost about £90 and it'd perfect!

Just feed the awning through thr slot on the Femma, no need for anything else :Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Kate
We have a Piramid Caravan Awning , just a word of warning re this type make sure it will slid through your wind out as ours is a Omnistor and the bore of the groove is larger than your Fiamma, so it would not fit, you can buy a figure eight to make it good but then the fit is not so good. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kate
We have a Piramid Caravan Awning , just a word of warning re this type make sure it will slid through your wind out as ours is a Omnistor and the bore of the groove is larger than your Fiamma, so it would not fit, you can buy a figure eight to make it good but then the fit is not so good. Pete :thumb:

Thanks for that Peter, I didnot know that the Omnistor fittings were different.
Thanks funters for all your comments. ::bigsmile:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I think that some of the motorhomes are a lot taller than caravans and require a higher awning that will clear the door when opening it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back