LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've received the following message from a user of my Motorhome Parking web site. Worth bearing in mind if in the area.

There has always been free parking and legal overnight roadside camping in Marizion along the coast a little way in a wide layby. However when I was staying there on Saturday night (16th April) as were 6 other motorhomes a variety of panel vans and some cars there was some trouble with a car running up and down the road tooting it's horn at 1.20am. Then in the morning it was noticed all 7 motorhomes had had their tyres slashed!!!!! Warning is if staying there be vigilant or alternatively stay at the Pub Car park (Goldolphi Inn) behind the gig club at £5 per night.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
without wishing to cast aspersions the person posting was not the owner of the pub carpark was he? seems strange no dogs in 7 vans to raise the alarm. Have the police corroborated the story?

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
All I can say is: People, here, are are getting really peed off with "Freedom Campers" leaving their rubbish, emptying their cassettes, blocking parking spaces for weeks!
So! the locals are driving by tooting their horns! T U F T T Y Kitty!

Although I personally draw the line at Criminal Damage, Yeh! I give a blast when I see someone "Freedom Camping"

Said it before! Will say it again! If you can afford to own and run a Moterhome! You can afford to stay at a Licenced Site! :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
I shall be givin cornwall a miss on me snail trail round the coast :Eeek::Eeek:
funny peeps live there, need our tourist money but don't really want the visitors:Angry::Angry:
I like wild campin ,and I don't leave a mess::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I shall be givin cornwall a miss on me snail trail round the coast :Eeek::Eeek:
funny peeps live there, need our tourist money but don't really want the visitors:Angry::Angry:
I like wild campin ,and I don't leave a mess::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Yeh! funny peeps that care about the countryside!
That don't want to see "waste" littering the hedgerows! You might not leave a mess! but unfortunately others do! As usual! we are all tarred with the same brush! I reiterate the last line of my previous post!

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Is this the right thread to ask if anyone knows any good wild camping places in the Peak district? :ROFLMAO:

All those lovely sites that ask for money are already full - left it too late again...

Serious question :thumb:

David

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is this the right thread to ask if anyone knows any good wild camping places in the Peak district? :ROFLMAO:

David

I've noticed loads of places when riding the single track roads around Buxton, but only on the basis "that would make a good camping spot", I didn't log them.

It all depends if you are brave enough to drive down roads just a bit wider than your van.

This type of thing, don't know if it's legal:
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&h...=GhjpfgWD0KUiotflKl0Nfw&cbp=12,51.38,,0,19.12

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&h...=8ql3IXLd-mSFy_a6nd6owA&cbp=12,206.85,,0,4.61

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
"If you can afford to own and run a Motorhome ! You can afford to stay on a Licensed site "
So does that mean that an elderly couple on a tight pension or a young couple with with kids and a hefty mortgage that own cheap older motor homes shouldn't be allowed to enjoy themselves ,only people that have a lot of disposable income .As for driving past blowing your horn I think that is a really mean thing to do.
As for not wanting tourists but wanting their money ,Yep thats dead right.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Said it before! Will say it again! If you can afford to own and run a Motorhome! You can afford to stay at a Licenced Site! :Angry:

Yeh! I give a blast when I see someone "Freedom Camping"

Responsible wild camping has nothing to do with money or the lack of it, well not for me anyway. I wild camp/park quite a bit, I drive till I'm tired, then I will look for somewhere to stop, its one of the joys of owning a motorhome, anyway most campsite wardens are asleep by then. :Smile: Rarely, if ever do I stop in the same place on consecutive nights, and then probably only stop for 5 or 6 hours,in most case its not illegal, however blowing your horn at night always is :winky:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
When I lived in Devon many people relied on tourists for their living, I personally can afford to stop in 5 star hotels, but prefer my RV and like Jim I enjoy the freedom of stopping when it suits me and not when I have reached some pre determined stopping place.

I dont leave rubbish any where I go, I smoke and you will not even see a cigarette end and I only smoke outside.

So if Cornwall dosn't want my money, I can always stop short and stay in Devon, no problem.

Perhaps instead of patroling pressing horns, taking registration numbers of offenders and reporting them may have a better result, that is what we did on our trading estate when overseas trucks that were overnighting on the estate threw there rubbish out on the road or thought it ok to use the grass as a toilet. We don't have a problem now.

All the best Rick.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
All I can say is: People, here, are are getting really peed off with "Freedom Campers" leaving their rubbish, emptying their cassettes, blocking parking spaces for weeks!

Although I personally draw the line at Criminal Damage, Yeh! I give a blast when I see someone "Freedom Camping"

Said it before! Will say it again! If you can afford to own and run a Moterhome! You can afford to stay at a Licenced Site! :Angry:

rangitira, your post makes me think that you are ether deliberately trying to make enemies or you don't have a clue what your talking about.

Doug...

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
lol

Yeh! funny peeps that care about the countryside!
That don't want to see "waste" littering the hedgerows! You might not leave a mess! but unfortunately others do! As usual! we are all tarred with the same brush! I reiterate the last line of my previous post!

Lucky I have great earrplugs so tough titty to you! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And stuff Cornwall, bet you were not even born there :thumb:

France and Scotland here we come....yipeeee! Nice friendly peeps there......::bigsmile:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973

Action like this will encourage the plonkers who slash the tyres, that lead to blow outs, that cause fatal accidents, that maime or kill innocent law abiding motorhomers!!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Spannerman,

Can I ask you to change your post to something like this below, that way it won't be breaking the rules. Pr Thanks

Actions like yours/ sounding of horns
encourage the plonkers who slash the tyres, that lead to blow outs, that cause fatal accidents, that maime or kill innocent law abiding motorhomers!!!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Woa there saphire, afford it or not we don't like sites and always wild park, leave nothing but footprints and take nowt but photos. stay one night and move on.
You toot all you like I'm deaf anyway, hee hee
As for emptying cassettes thats what public toilets are for. I pay the highest rates in the country so have no problem doing so and always clean up behind me. In fact when parked in a layby will often collect and bag otherpeoples rubbish and take it to a bin. So please do not tar us all with the same brush. We are not long back from visiting the area and spent a fortune in the shops and with local attractions.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:cry:well well the crims are at it again ???? we visited a fun member who lives just a stones through from there not more than half a mile, in december and you guessed it had my home and two others were damaged by these idiots,one was a dutch couple who had travelled all arround europ and this was the only place [ quote ] we have never had this done anywhere else in 2 years ???? we will put it on the web to avoid this place ?? .The police did not want to know ??? NOT A SUPRISE ,,the funster was ashamed of cornish idiots for doing this,,by the way he is somthing like 10 th geanaration cornish and such a great guy and ann his wife xx... mr rangitira, go take a look at the lay bys at goldwithney you will find all the rubish you want ??????? left by all the migrant workers working for the local farmers and an assortment of ileagle caravans ?????? they empty there toilets in the ditch next to the veg we all buy at tesco that they pick ???? i would take a guess that you are not that locall to the named spot. yes im sorry to say dont go to cornwall they have got more mind less idiots than other countys in england sorry h and anne not you

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Hi Rangitira,

You have a motorhome, so I would have thought you would get it? We can choose to stay on licensed sites (as you put it), or we can just overnight somewhere. That's the freedom that a motorhome gives.
As to blasting your horn in the middle of the night. What a childish thing to do! never mind also illegal.. Get a life if that's what makes you happy!.....

That's the behaviour I would expect of feral, chavish idiots, who sadly do not know better, not the behaviour of a member of MHF....
If you have a genuine grievance, use your intelligence and pursue a reasoned and purposeful debate and resolution, you will earn way more respect that way.... If you are a Cornish man, you reflect poorly on fellow natives of your county and I guess you believe all the businesses in Cornwall do not want the money that we fellow motorhomers spend?...

So as I started by saying, I hope you are just a wind up merchant, not a total Rodney!..:Eeek:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Lucky I have great earrplugs so tough titty to you! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And stuff Cornwall, bet you were not even born there :thumb:

France and Scotland here we come....yipeeee! Nice friendly peeps there......::bigsmile:

It would be nice to see you all in FRANCE.....what has Cornwall got ....NOWT that I know off, Been once in my lifetime for two weeks....never again!!!!.......See you all soon....save your Tesco vouchers:winky:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
......Yeh! I give a blast when I see someone "Freedom Camping".......

I wonder if you do the same everytime you pass Gypsies/Travellers? Or is your personal campaign directed as what you see as the affluent?

Regards

Steve

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l fail to see why a said motorhomer would join in the childish antics of blowing their horn to annoy other motorhomers. It is illegal to sound a horn between 11pm and 7am anyway.
Pathetic.

Craig

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
without wishing to cast aspersions the person posting was not the owner of the pub carpark was he? seems strange no dogs in 7 vans to raise the alarm. Have the police corroborated the story?

I've received the following message from a user of my Motorhome Parking web site. Worth bearing in mind if in the area.
My apologies Graham for thinking you had been mislead. I could not believe what I read The police should be informed at once.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
No need to apologise Roger. I did reply to the man who sent the message that I hope the police will catch those responsible but haven't had any response to that as yet.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
its a regular thing there???? they know it happens but cant be botherd or wont do any thing ,,, maybe this guy is the one doing it ,,

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads

Well, if you wanted a response to your flaming, you've had it. And my pennyworth is that your patronising generalisation says a lot about you, as does the infantile behaviour you seem to be so proud of.

It's a pity that people will be put off visiting such a beautiful part of the world by the thought that they have to deal with the kind of nonsense that you describe as 'TUFTTT Kitty', whatever that means. Maybe they'll come to Shropshire instead where we like to share what we have with everybody.

By the way, its a Motorhome not a Moterhome.

Have a really good day rangitira.

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
I am confused how someone with 1 brain cell can drive and blow the horn without crashing. Any one who damages tyres on Any vehicle is a mindless fool
I was speaking to someone who was on the strip last week and knew nothing about tyres being slashed but was amused by the idea of. catching somone trying this
Now 27deg here and clear blue sky

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years

I have to say that post was a bit of an own goal.

barry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I don't know why everyone is having a go at a funster for speaking the truth as he sees it?

As he says, People are getting fed up with the rubbish being left, cassettes being emptied where they shouldn't. Not once does Rangrita suggest its users of this or any other site. Motorhome fun has probably about 5% if that of the amount of people whom own motorhomes. So all though funsters aint doing it someone is, and of course its that someone thats probably getting the backs up of Rangrita and his Cornish cousins.

Imagine if the above was happening outside your house? would you be happy? please stop and think and then give an answer.

Rangrita says he draws the line at criminal damage and personally I believe him.

However, Rangrita, I can afford to stay at registered sites, but, if I wanted to do that fella, I would buy a Caravan. I love wild camping, free camping Free loading, being a tosser or what ever you want to call it, That is part of owning a motorhome. If you haven't quite got the hang of that yet, then try it, you might find you actually enjoy it. Why pay 30K+ for a van with hot water and a shower so you can use ones that play you music and trawl along in your dressing gown?

So thank's for being honest and showing the feelings of you and your county men, I actually probably understand the feeling of them, although It wont prevent me from wild camping. :thumb:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
I don't know why everyone is having a go at a funster for speaking the truth as he sees it?

As he says, People are getting fed up with the rubbish being left, cassettes being emptied where they shouldn't. Not once does Rangrita suggest its users of this or any other site. Motorhome fun has probably about 5% if that of the amount of people whom own motorhomes. So all though funsters aint doing it someone is, and of course its that someone thats probably getting the backs up of Rangrita and his Cornish cousins.

Imagine if the above was happening outside your house? would you be happy? please stop and think and then give an answer.

Rangrita says he draws the line at criminal damage and personally I believe him.

However, Rangrita, I can afford to stay at registered sites, but, if I wanted to do that fella, I would buy a Caravan. I love wild camping, free camping Free loading, being a tosser or what ever you want to call it, That is part of owning a motorhome. If you haven't quite got the hang of that yet, then try it, you might find you actually enjoy it. Why pay 30K+ for a van with hot water and a shower so you can use ones that play you music and trawl along in your dressing gown?

So thank's for being honest and showing the feelings of you and your county men, I actually probably understand the feeling of them, although It wont prevent me from wild camping. :thumb:

I complain about people leaving a mess as well. I'm having a go at a funster because of the other nonsense he's spouting, and just because he's being honest doesn't make his comments any the less ridiculous!:Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cross my name off the visitors to Cornwall too..
Used to be a great place to go.. Lovely people and better scenery..

Quite obviously this is no longer the case.. Still, I am quite sure Devon and Somerset will not feel the need to make folk unwelcome and I for one will be happy to stop there !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back