Swivel Seat (1 Viewer)

combi

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Just back from our first weekend away in the van.We had a nice time. everything worked as it should and the site was so peaceful you would not believe it.

The weekend did highlight a small problem in that we found that it would be very useful if the front passenger swivelled. What I am after is a swivel conversion base for a 1999 Ford Transit that does not need any modification (diy not a strong point) and the only ones I can find listed all say modifications may have to be made.

Do any of you funsters know of bases that are a straight swop?

Thanks
cakeboy

ps I am now officially pants at reversing -- a reversing camera may be my next purchase.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I just recently fitted a second hand seat swivel that I found being offered for sale on the Transit forum. It had already been modified, but it looks like the modification wouldn't be too difficult to do. It needs to be done with a round file to enlarge and elongate a hole on the side nearest the door...ie left side of swivel.

And it makes a really worthwhile difference, having had swivels on previous m/h's, I really missed it and had to have it, even though it was a bit pricey secindhand. But.....seller's market.

OP
OP
C

combi

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
I just recently fitted a second hand seat swivel that I found being offered for sale on the Transit forum. It had already been modified, but it looks like the modification wouldn't be too difficult to do. It needs to be done with a round file to enlarge and elongate a hole on the side nearest the door...ie left side of swivel.

And it makes a really worthwhile difference, having had swivels on previous m/h's, I really missed it and had to have it, even though it was a bit pricey secindhand. But.....seller's market.

Thanks you don't know the make by any chance

cakeboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)