Getting the van ready to go. Anyone else dread this but loves it at the same time? (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
9.45 on Friday morning and my first day off from school. Getting the van ready now for our two weeks in France from Sunday. I am I the only funster who dreads geeting her ready to go cos dont know where to start etc but as soon as I am in her and off I love it? Where do I start this morning? My job is the soft furnishings lol - clothes , food, towels and the like. I dont know the mechanics etc my other half does that. Think Ill have a snooze and wait for the inspiration.:RollEyes::Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we never have this problem as our van is used all year round at least every other day just as a day van, so everything is always ready to go apart from emptying the cassette and making sure the water tank is full. Yes we travel with a full tank as we always wild. a full tank lasts us about a week and empty cassette about 5 days so when cassette is full we know water tank is nearly due to run out.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Get yourself in there and get on with it ::bigsmile: most of us (those that parkup for winter or in storage) have done it weeks ago, some are even on their 3/4th trip away now. Sooner its done the sooner you can enjoy it :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
We have used it for the last few weekends also. I just mean getting all the stuff into her lol like the clothes, food etc. ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have you got the FUN checklist ?

I don't remember which page in there says "don't forget your jacket and wallet" :RollEyes:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
We're away in The Rosabella throughout the winter but I still get stressed on a Thursday night making sure that we have what we need. We've been doing this for years but still don't seem to be able to get into a routine - a bit like the rest of our lives I guess! It probably doesn't help that K lives 40 miles away and our clothes and bits and pieces are scattered between our two houses, and ALWAYS in the wrong place!

We're off to France on Thursday night (see you on the road maybe welshbois) and there's still a load of jobs to try and shoehorn in around work - we don't finish until Thursday.

As you say, once you're on the road its fine - too late to worry about what you have and haven't done - apart from on a quick dash to France last year for a long weekend, when we got to Corely services en route to Dover and remembered we'd left the passports in K's car in Shrewsbury!!:Doh::Doh:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Yup, van always ready to go, so just top ups, cloths, beer, water, more beer, food and maybe, more beer:ROFLMAO:

We can generally be 'gone' in about 10 minutes, well if we have to go get Winne, maybe 15?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Dont forget your documents, anything else you can buy.
Have a great trip :thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Each time we go away for a weekend , we seem to take less clothes to wear. Which is a good thing as there are 5 of us.
Though after realising i had forgotten my make-up last weekend :Eeek: on our trip to Flamborough , we had a trip into Brid 's Boots and i doubled up on all my everyday stuff. I now keep a duplicate make-up bag in the Motorhome.
Good job our Isabel had some bits and bobs with her though , or i wouldnt have left the farm. :Blush:
Not that i cake my self up with the stuff , i may add , but i like to look presentable:winky:

Ralph:ROFLMAO::winky:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Ah comrade, I seem to have forgotten my wife, I'd like a nice low mileage Polish one, not too powerful and a handbook in English.

2000 roubles -- it's a deal.

Oh, do you do returns ?

For 2000 roubles, (£44) you cannot get returns,:Eeek:

but there is a buy one get one free deal at the moment, so if you break the first one you have an immediate back up and replacement...:thumb::thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Just back from 2 months at work. Going to get the van out of storage tonight...

Hope its all ok, then we will get it ready to get away, maybe Monday..:thumb::thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Though after realising i had forgotten my make-up last weekend :Eeek: on our trip to Flamborough , we had a trip into Brid 's Boots and i doubled up on all my everyday stuff. I now keep a duplicate make-up bag in the Motorhome.
Good job our Isabel had some bits and bobs with her though , or i wouldnt have left the farm. :Blush:
Not that i cake my self up with the stuff , i may add , but i like to look presentable:winky:

Ralph:ROFLMAO::winky:

And what did Bev forget ??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Mike ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back