Battery location / Fridge / Heater ??? Hymer (1 Viewer)

Jofski

Free Member
Aug 31, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Dunno !
Exp
Hello everyone :)

1. Im having some welding done on the Van (motorbike trailer seized) and need to locate the batterys (engine and leisure as one of them has run dry as well).

WHere are they please !!!!!!!!?????????? Are they all under the driver seat ?

I didnt disconnect thge leisures during our winter and whilst is was showing a full charge on the van meter its suddenly gone dead. could this be a sign of a bigger problem than merely changing it ?

2. I have seen on a few threads about how to ensure the fridge ignites from gas but typically can find them now ! Some maintenance needed I think ! Can anybody point me in the right direction please ?

3. Similarly, the gas heater pilot light ignites no problem - but then the ignition 'click click click' just keeps clicking ! Is this a sign the ignition battery needs replacing? If so - what should I do !

Very grateful for any and all advice.

Jof

HYMER-MOBIL 1984 700 (or 665!!)

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Some one will be along soon with some advice , a lot of the members are at a show this weekend and at least one member there has a very similar hymer to yours.

Upvote 0

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time

1. Im having some welding done on the Van (motorbike trailer seized) and need to locate the batterys (engine and leisure as one of them has run dry as well).

I didnt disconnect thge leisures during our winter and whilst is was showing a full charge on the van meter its suddenly gone dead. could this be a sign of a bigger problem than merely changing it ?

2. I have seen on a few threads about how to ensure the fridge ignites from gas but typically can find them now ! Some maintenance needed I think ! Can anybody point me in the right direction please ?

3. Similarly, the gas heater pilot light ignites no problem - but then the ignition 'click click click' just keeps clicking ! Is this a sign the ignition battery needs replacing? If so - what should I do !

Jof

1. On our S700 1992 the leisure and main battery are located under the drivers seat with access just inside the door under the carpet. I fitted two others in what was the gas locker. I have also seen a one with an additional battery in the boot but theses have been added later not as standard.

2. On our fridge as long as the gas is turned on Vertical off - Horizontal on Then we put the red switch that flashes on and hold the round black knob in until the light stops flashing and we hold the knob for a further short period.

3. You need to take the front off the fire to get at the battery. The battery is located at the bottom of the fire and is released by pressing the small lug in towards the box. Be carefull in doing this and replacing it. I have broken clips of these boxes on two occasions so far. I get replacements from Peter Hambilton in Preston. Check that the wires are not shorting behind the box and sparking to earth instead of inside the fite. That happened to me once. The wire are very easy to snap off the box so be cautious.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jofski

Jofski

Free Member
Aug 31, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Dunno !
Exp
thanks very much - my fridge is a little older i thgink - no flashing lights on my model. i recall something about taking the outside panel off ang cleaning some part??

thanks for the heads up about the battery in the fire - i will give it a go later :)

I have found the batterys too now thanks (and to G!!) - there are two there - but my meter shows me one is dsead and one is fine - I assume these are two leisure batterys - but then where could the engine battery be as I can find it !!!!

Upvote 0

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Jof, I've sent you a pm. The 2 batteries are the leisure battery and the vehicle battery side by side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Jof

BATTERY'S

I dont know your chassis but mine is a Fiat Ducato, on which I have made and welded a battery tray to take 6 x 50amp batterys, (300 amp).

One inch of the tray is visable under the skirt and it was nesseccary to remove 2 redundent chassis fitting to make the room. frees up the underseat space for other things.

Doug...

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back