TV Ariel (1 Viewer)

combi

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Another dumb question for all you funsters to laugh at.

The instructions for my Status ariel tell me to "determine whether the signals are horizontally or vertically polarised" but does not tell me how to do this - any thoughts/ideas.

Thanks again for everyones help so far - there will be more questions, you have been warned !!!

cakeboy

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome Cakeboy :thumb: A quick way is-Try looking at houses near to where you are :thumb:see if there ariels are flat or on there sides :thumb::winky:
terry

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009

The instructions for my Status ariel tell me to "determine whether the signals are horizontally or vertically polarised" but does not tell me how to do this - any thoughts/ideas.

Thanks again for everyones help so far - there will be more questions, you have been warned !!!

cakeboy

Terry's response is spot on! But there is never a dumb question, only dumb answers.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Agree with Terry ..

However.. if you cannot see another aerial, rule of thumb:

Main Transmitter beams are horizontal, repeaters are generally vertical .. so if you are in the sticks odds are it is a repeater and vertically polarized .. but it may be just a case of trial and error .. or as suggested buy a signal finder..

Better still, forget terrestrial TV and buy a sat dish .. you will always get a signal no matter where you are.. unless you have trees in the line of sight .. in which case use a chainsaw :roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Agree with Terry ..

However.. if you cannot see another aerial, rule of thumb:

Main Transmitter beams are horizontal, repeaters are generally vertical .. so if you are in the sticks odds are it is a repeater and vertically polarized .. but it may be just a case of trial and error .. or as suggested buy a signal finder..
Never knew that, thanks Jim.

Better still, forget terrestrial TV and buy a sat dish .. you will always get a signal no matter where you are.. unless you have trees in the line of sight .. in which case use a chainsaw :roflmto:
OK, so where can I get a chainsaw that works on 12 volts? :roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Never knew that, thanks Jim.

OK, so where can I get a chainsaw that works on 12 volts? :roflmto:

just use a petrol one ...

or if you prefer the stealth model ... the cordless battery jobbie :winky:

1509.jpg

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

cakeboy

If the picture on your tv is the right way up, it's vertical........

If everyone is walking around on their sides on your tv picture, its horizontal.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back