LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Wont let me bid on it, when I tried to buy it now it said I needed to contact the seller direct for pre approved status.
::bigsmile:

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
Click on the feedback tells you its a con, someone got into someones A\C

They have 3 of them on the go same van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
For me it just comes up as a "Warning suspected phishing page"

I looked at this site about 20mins ago and it showed me all the details, just looked again and got an advisory from AVG 'Suspected phishing page' someone's on the ball!!

ebaySafety

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
Watching ebay listings
Exp
Since 2010
I looked at this site about 20mins ago and it showed me all the details, just looked again and got an advisory from AVG 'Suspected phishing page' someone's on the ball!!

It's certainly not ebay that's on the ball. The ebay listing linked to that page was reported as fraudulent at 16:14 but seven hours later it's still live.

Fraudsters must love ebay.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
ebay scams

I have not even looked at this but I know the scam that runs on ebay. We nearly got involved in an ebay scam van 18 months ago. I reported it to ebay with no real response. I reported it to various newspapers; also with no interest.

If it's the same scam, notice that when you click on the item the screen refreshes about half a second later. This second screen is bogus, it deals with pre approved bidding status and of course nothing works on the seller feedback.

I did the emails and the pre approved bidder stuff, try it if you like, but be aware there isn't a van and nobody will meet you face to face. The alleged van will be in storage.

You have been warned, probably before and probably again and again.

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hmm, yes, must admit we got quite carried away looking at it!:Blush:

I emailed to get on the preferred bidder list, and got a reply. Then the very small bit of my brain that handles common sense reminded me that if it seemed too good to be true it probably was too good to be true, but I decided to answer to see what happens.

"Lucy's" email and my reply below:

----Original Message----
Date: 11/04/2011 5:52
To:
Subj: Re: 2003 Fiat Auto Trail Apache 700SE Caravan Camper Van - 5,600.00 GBP

Hello and sorry for my late answer,
First I have to let you know that I have earlier ended my ebay auction because some "serious buyers" that want's to pay, but in the end they did not have the money to pay for it... so the motorhome is still for sale.
I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me. I'm retired and separated from my husband and I own a holiday house in Spain, Barcelona. I've moved here and the motorhome is also here with me, I took the camper with me, because we had to many things to carry.
The camper was gently used by me and my husband only and it is in perfect conditions, and is still registered in United Kingdom as you can see plate numbers from the photos !
Excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent. I'm the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the motorhome, also the motorhome comes with a full service history.
Pick-up is available also. Shipping from Barcelona can be arranged at a very best value (maximum 700 pounds and half it will be covered by me), so the price for my motorhome is 5,600 + 350(half of the delivery)= 5,950.00 !
I want this transaction to be as smooth as possible so I will only close the sale trough eBay for our own protection.
Anyway if you are really interested in this motorhome and you need more photos or details, please reply because I have a lots of interested buyers!
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely
Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your reply, sorry to hear you were let down by your buyer.

As the motorhome is in Spain, it's obviously difficult for us to get to see it, but in the photos it did look in very good condition. Could you please send the details from the ebay listing, and the photos you have (or direct me to where they are on the internet if you have stored them online)?

Could you also tell me the registration number please, as I would like to get an HPI check on the vehicle, and your address in Barcelona, as I'd like to arrange an inspection.

Many thanks,
Steve

Let's see what happens next...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The web site the scammers were using has been pulled down completely at the moment.. Think the powers that be have caught up with this particular lot

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
this scam is on nearly every week

As I told you earlier there is no van. This "lady" in spain does not exist. When I was involved with it she also said that it was right hand drive and therefore useless in Spain and of no value.

If you do get to see the ebay listing watch out for the screen briefly refreshing, that's the clue. Ebay will not show any interest at all in stopping this on a permanent basis. They make take this entry down but it will be back again and again.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
As usual the lot has been removed.

I contaced the seller by e mail and received the same reply I had received from another seller who was operating the same scam. I asked them if they had a stock of these e mails as they are all the same with different names and suggesting their lot was at best extremely suspect.

We need to keep publishing these scams to make people aware and help to avoid them being conned.

Thanks for publishing the scam. Let's all publish these scams when we see them.

Norman

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
point me to the next one and I recon we should have some fun :winky:

Who remembers that story on here that "jim" I think pointed us to where they scammed the scammers with a laptop... that was just ace.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I am frightened to click on an unknown link that just says "here"...

It might be a scam...

JJ ;-)
Yeh! me too! anything that says "click here " I avoid! If you can't put it where I can see it T U F T T Y Kitty!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back