16 Foot Canadian Canoe on a Coachbuilt/A-Class (1 Viewer)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Are there any other paddlers out there who have managed to find a suitable method of transporting a similar craft on their roof?
Ours is a coachbuilt with, luckily, a very low profile overcab, but the Fiamma roof rails don't seem to be nearly long or sturdy enough.
Is this going to be a bespoke job or are there any suppliers of roof racking systems we are unaware of?
Any info would be well received!::bigsmile:

Are any other manufacturer's OE roofrails available on the aftermarket?

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We carried two Tarpon 130's on the roof of our Autotrail. (70kg) I used two cut sections of an ali stepladder lashed to the roof rack, this was to give clearance for all that stuff on the roof, vents and skylights etc. This was fine, did about 60k with them up there, but, i would have to re-seal the Heki twice a year or it would leak, the roof flex from the canoes and my 11 stone would play havoc with them::bigsmile:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We carried two Tarpon 130's on the roof of our Autotrail. (70kg) I used two cut sections of an ali stepladder lashed to the roof rack, this was to give clearance for all that stuff on the roof, vents and skylights etc. This was fine, did about 60k with them up there, but, i would have to re-seal the Heki twice a year or it would leak, the roof flex from the canoes and my 11 stone would play havoc with them::bigsmile:

Sounds a nightmare Jim!

We have researched this a little more and have come to the conclusion that it just ain't worth it!
Instead we have purchased a better inflatable canoe!::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back