Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Just been hunting out the 'bat of death'
Electric flt swatter.

Just got the first Gnat of the year in here.

Peter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a few flies around at the moment, attracted to all that sheep poo I suppose::bigsmile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I've just screamed just as Graham went upstairs to get changed after being out in the garage, Emily thought I was screaming because he was getting changed on the stairs and doing it in fun. When I pointed to what I screamed at, Emily too did the same. It was a dozy wasp crawling down the wall, I nearly had a fit. Time too to get out the zappers but they are prob in m/h :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yesterday we were both in the back garden with door open and eventually I went back into the kitchen and went to fill the kettle and nearly had a heart attack - a dopey dozey bumble bee was trying to get out of the window. I don't normally regard this as a problem - but this one was about 2 inches long! I thought OMG how long is your sting Mr B? - and made Pete come in and open the window! LOL

He was absolutely gorgeous - I expect he was overheated in his fur coat - but I just didn't want to risk upsetting him! LOL

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yesterday we were both in the back garden with door open and eventually I went back into the kitchen and went to fill the kettle and nearly had a heart attack - a dopey dozey bumble bee was trying to get out of the window. I don't normally regard this as a problem - but this one was about 2 inches long! I thought OMG how long is your sting Mr B? - and made Pete come in and open the window! LOL

He was absolutely gorgeous - I expect he was overheated in his fur coat - but I just didn't want to risk upsetting him! LOL

I had a huge bumble bee in my lounge last week. too fat/lazy/ tired to fly.

I picked him up gently with some tissue and put him outside but he was still there next morning -alive but not flying. By lunchtime he was dead.

Had a dead fox too last Thursday. Heard a he'll of a commotion on my patio and my two cats were standing next to a dead fox. I am pretty sure they didn't attack it but the noise was really scary.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I had a huge bumble bee in my lounge last week. too fat/lazy/ tired to fly.

I picked him up gently with some tissue and put him outside but he was still there next morning - alive but not flying. By lunchtime he was dead.

Possibly a bumble queen looking for a new nest site (mouse hole, etc.) - bumble bees can sort of generate their own body heat, which allows them to start nesting and looking for nectar earlier in the day, and year, than other insects.

It might have been exhausted and unable to find food - you can sometimes save them by making a sugar/honey solution and placing it on a piece of tissue nearby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back