Gotta a spare ticket for Peterborough? (1 Viewer)

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
At late notice we can suddenly go on Friday. We could pay at the gate and day trip with the Hoi-polloi but it would be nice to camp for the night.

Has anyone had to cancel at the last minute with a ticket for two to camp?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Unfortunately, there are no tickets available at this moment in time and there is a list of three before you, so it looks as though if you want to stay overnight you will need to buy a ticket on the gate and go in the general camping area. Of course you can come and visit us in the Motorhome Fun area day or evening, it will be good to meet you.

Nigel and Pamala

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Why not print a Motorhome Fun Rally badge - stick it in the windscreen and when you pay at the gate tell them your with the FUN crowd - they may send you across - worth a try !! they can only say no:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thats the way i have done it in the past .if they don't play ball go were they send you and move to fun later

OP
OP
Autoquest

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
So I can buy a pitch for one night in the general area at the gate? Didn't know that...::bigsmile:

The cost for one night isn't listed on the Out&About site does anyone know?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
So I can buy a pitch for one night in the general area at the gate? Didn't know that...::bigsmile:

Yes you can pay at the gate, you wi llbe parked in General camping, which can involve a LOOOOONG walk to the show, expect to pay a bit more on the day than if you had pre-booked

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I think the only night you can camp is Saturday if you wanted. :Doh: But it would cost you £42.00 . :cry:

Its all arrival days. Paying that sort of money you just as well do the whole lot, and go home Monday. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

INFORMATION FOR CAMPERS

NEVER CAMPED AT ONE OF OUR SHOWS BEFORE.... THEN READ ON

Paying on the Day:

Campers Arriving On On The Gate
Up to 2 adults plus
3 children Thursday £48.00
Friday £45.00
Saturday £42.00

You can choose from two areas to camp in
Non-booked General Area
Non-booked Disabled Area. There are a limited number of non-booked disabled pitches available and will be on a first come basis. A valid blue badge must be available for inspection.

General Camping Information

There will be a limited number of non-booked disabled pitches available during the weekend
Disabled Badges will be inspected on arrival at the venue
Camping fields open 10am Thursday and close 12 noon Monday (Please do not arrive earlier as there will be no site access available)
Gates will close at 9pm each evening. We reserve the right to close the gates earlier if the weather conditions are poor
The Exhibition Area will open for campers only on Thursday from 1pm until 5pm
If you want to camp together, all vehicles must arrive in convoy
The Show welcomes dogs, however they are not allowed in marquees or the entertainment buildings
Awnings are permitted as long as they fit within your pitch allocation
There are toilets and showers facilities on site
Generators can be used only between 8am - 10pm and ideally only for four hours at a time. We would ask all campers to be considerate of their neighbours when it comes to using a generator.
There are no electric hook-ups available at this show
Private sales are PROHIBITED in camping fields.
Prices quoted are based on a standard sized motorhome or caravan. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee if your unit excessively exceeds your allocated pitch

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
BobandJane have shown details for booking in general camping. Please bear in mind security is very hot at this show. We are allocated enough space to fit the numbers booked and in the past have found that we do not have a lot to spare. We do know of some that have been kicked off the site for camping in an area not allocated. It would be a shame for MHFun to lose the trust that we have with Warners

On Sunday night we have had funsters join us from general camping as some funsters left to go home during the day, this we feel would be the safest option.

Sorry we can't be of more help.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Autoquest

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks all - I might leave the MH behind and beat the queues on my motorbike in that case. See you all there::bigsmile:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
I left it late last year for Newbury, booked on gate, met up with fun later in day No probs..........Del

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Peterborough Tickets

Have partially cut my achilles tendon, stitches out today. Not sure whether or not I will be able to drive motorhome or not. Will make decision on tuesday next week.

Dave

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have partially cut my achilles tendon, stitches out today. Not sure whether or not I will be able to drive motorhome or not. Will make decision on tuesday next week.

Dave

Thats a shame Dave, I hope you are running around soon:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am able to make it as well. Hopefully going on Thur, but of not definately Fri and staying till monday.

How will I find the Fun area?

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months

Dave

Hope your on the mend, just let us know if you want a tow or borrow of wheelchair, cant see you walking round show on crutches

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back