Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It started with the iPhone, then in December I got an Ipad. The sheer usability and good design hooked me. My first ever look at Macbooks was in a shiny Apple store in Birminghams Bullring, I was smitten. This week I bought a 15' Macbook pro running 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with a superb anti glare screen.

First impressions from a died-in-the-wool PC user - Very impressed so far:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
From a RV
To a Hymer
From a PC
To a Mac
Me thinks were loosing him,:Doh:
Is there a Doctor in the house:Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's terrible when this happens.

Of course the poor soul it happens to does not realise.

It's their families that suffer. They feel helpless. Who do they turn to ? Then it gets worse as others notice. They're walking down the street and suddenly old friends cross the road rather than acknowledging them. The party invites stop. Mormons appear at at the door. The milkman leaves the milk next door.

Don't worry Jim, the FUNsters won't let you down, when we hear you've paid your subs to The Dark Side, we'll come and put you down painlessly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Like you Jim been moving to Mac

I have done itthe other way round .. iPad, then iphon4 .... Next is either a snow leopard or a laptop.

The only sour bit for me with Apple is the issues of buying anything on line with them... Finally got both the refunds for the keyboards I purchased on line .. Only took a month to sort out and hours on the phone, dozens ofemailsand a letterto Ireland.. Got £34 compensation sent to my bank today .. Better than taking unauthorised payments for the key boards after they had been return as not working...

But the brighter side is that I will in the end buy a mac this year... I already have two Dells and also a dell for the housing association work I do.. But I am much impressed with Apple Jim.. Think you have made a wise choice... As for the Hymer? The jury is still out on that one.

Bob:Blush:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
This is probably a good time to ask if you will be moving away from flash (chat) to HTML5 (the Mrs wants an iPad). :winky:

Link Removed

Out of interest does anyone use a flash proxy for chat for iPAD and if so how do you find it?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
What a splendid fellow you are Jim, a Hymer and a Mac - clearly a man of discernment and great taste.

Ignore the railings of the unenlightened - you are now on the path to truth and light. I'm very envious of your new MacBook Pro. I love mine, but it's 4 years old now and I'm sure the extra 'oomph' of the new quad-core model would be dazzling. That having been said, it still goes really well and I cannot justify a change. One of the good things about Macs (and Hymers) is that they're built to last. And contrary to popular belief, this longevity and the fact that they are no more expensive than a PC laptop of equivalent specification, means they are good value.

Philip
:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Congratulations Jim ... at last you have seen the Mac light, you won't look back .. :Cool: and what a relief , no more slagging me off .. :roflmto: also green with envy ..

I'm still using my 17" Powerbook, top of the range in 2005 .. it has a few vertical one pixel lines on the screen .. but not a real issue.. Chaz uses my even older 2004 iBook G4 ...

Like Philip, would love a new one but can't justify it .. ( read Jan says I can't have one :cry: ) as they both still do everything asked, ... and they won't do the decent thing and die on me .. :RollEyes:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
good job done

i as a recent convert wish i had an apple years back

turn on and go straight to what ever you need to do

dont use me m/ soft lappy at all now just takes so long

its either mrs ts ipad if i speak nicely
i phone or mac

its the change from one system to tother
that is awkward:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It started with the iPhone, then in December I got an Ipad. The sheer usability and good design hooked me. My first ever look at Macbooks was in a shiny Apple store in Birminghams Bullring, I was smitten. This week I bought a 15' Macbook pro running 2.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 with a superb anti glare screen.
First impressions from a died-in-the-wool PC user - Very impressed so far:thumb:
Were you in the queue outside the Apple shop last week for the IPad 2.
The IP one is now totally worthless to true apple converts.
:Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Were you in the queue outside the Apple shop last week for the IPad 2.
The IP one is now totally worthless to true apple converts.
:Smile:

No the Ipad 1 will do me for a while yet. I don't queue, except maybe at the bar::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Mac's remind me of snap-on-tools, lifetime guarantee but you pay for 2; when you buy 1. :Smile: Not arguing in the slightest that they are good, but at close on £2000 they wanna be. :Eeek:

And here was me thinking there wasn't any money in running a website. ::bigsmile:

Ian

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have got a MacBook pro. Had it for about 2 years. Also have an iPad and an iPhone. My wife has an iPad 2 on order. My son has a Mac computer and an itouch as does my daughter.

Where will it end?

The products are irresistible once you see them in the flesh.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Then there's the added cost of replacing the software that won't work on cross-platforms...........

Erm...no thanks

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Had an apple mac book for years. Brilliant! Using a friends pc at the mo, and it's like pulling teeth! You will love it.

Craig

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Then there's the added cost of replacing the software that won't work on cross-platforms...........

Erm...no thanks

Why on earth would anyone want to use windozzzyy software on a Mac..
that's like buying a Rolls Royce and complaining because your old car's seat covers don't fit .. :Doh:

besides.. Mac's come preloaded Apple's own Software.

A Mac = Hardware, Operating system and Software, made by Apple for an Apple .. the way it should be.. :thumb: not a cobbled together system by a multitude of manufacturers.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Why on earth would anyone want to use windozzzyy software on a Mac..
that's like buying a Rolls Royce and complaining because your old car's seat covers don't fit .. :Doh:

besides.. Mac's come preloaded Apple's own Software.

A Mac = Hardware, Operating system and Software, made by Apple for an Apple .. the way it should be.. :thumb: not a cobbled together system by a multitude of manufacturers.

But I have specific programmes and applications that I use at work, and also at home. Why on earth would I want to use a Mac? Even though I have used Mac's extensively in the past, I'm still not a fan.

Jan 22, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since April 2011
I am a mac convert

iPod, then iPhone, then iPad, then iMac, appletv, airports etc.

It just works together so well, I can do things like control tv from phone, play music through home stereo from any device, play films on tv from my phone etc.

I had two problems. First was I bought my iMac then 4 days later a new one was launched, 1tb hard drive, faster etc. I just took my iMac back to the shop and they changed it. Brilliant !

The second was trying to connect it at first was a nightmare. The reason was I had a BT wireless router and the airport and it all clashed. I just disable the BT wireless part of the router and it work immediatley.

I will never go back, so quick and user friendly.

It works well with my new Jag, iPod control on screen and seamless iphone interface. I want to get a similar set up in my new motorhome (tomorrow!!!!!) so I have to find a double din replacement that's apple compatible.

Happy days:thumb:

Jan 22, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since April 2011
But I have specific programmes and applications that I use at work, and also at home. Why on earth would I want to use a Mac? Even though I have used Mac's extensively in the past, I'm still not a fan.

Mac runs windows in separate partition, data is accessible from both operating systems.

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Apples are addictive! Everything is just so wonderfully intuitive and all do exactly what I want, when I want.

There are many converts from PC to MAC but are there any who have moved from a Mac to a PC? ... says it all really, me thinks.:RollEyes:

Get a Mac and don't look back!

Lorraine x

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years

Not quite Jim, its like buying a Rolls Royce, and then finding its got the same engine as a Ford. ::bigsmile: Are you going to tell me the same Intel i7's aren't also fitted in PC's ::bigsmile:

Ian

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Not quite Jim, its like buying a Rolls Royce, and then finding its got the same engine as a Ford. ::bigsmile: Are you going to tell me the same Intel i7's aren't also fitted in PC's ::bigsmile:

Ian

not quite Ford but in fact BMW:Eeek:

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010

Ooh, I love it when you talk dirty!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
Does what me and the other half want's by far two Imacs in the house. Bought over eighteen months ago and not one has crashed had a hissy fit or tried to perform an Illegal action .

My personal opinion is It just gets on with it. We bought a new windows lap top a couple of months ago (because it was cheap) what a pile of shit.

Unless your a computer geek of some sort windows is for you. But for us thickies I think Apple Is the way, If you want to spend a bit more

Cheers..

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
laptop is a mac

I must say i was a blackberry man,but I have changed to a Iphone 4,3 months ago and it is the best mobile i have had,and i have had a few,2 weeks ago i bought the ipad 1 , and that is brill as well,the only reason I purchased one is because they where knocking them out for £300 quid,why you need extra speed and 2 cameras on a ipad for i dont know,the only thing i hate about it is the lack of FLASH, my sony laptop running windows 7 is also very good and has given no problems at all, but that said if it packs up it will be a Mac, So lets have FLASH NOW !

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l am glad l am a thickie!

l open my Mac...it's there.
l do this and that on my Mac....it's there.
No crashing, no spam, just does what l want immediately.

Now this week l am at a friends house and have been using his new laptop pc thingy,
l want look at the BBC news UK, press search and.................wait..........
wait......................................wait......................oh, here it is. Now l want to look at............. no l don't, l couldn't be bothered.

l am not a geek by any stretch of the imagination, don't want to be, l am not the least bit interested in how a computer works.

l know that my Mac works, has not let me down, doesn't crash, and will not be full of spam and junk when l get home.

PCs are for geeks! ...............................long live the thickies!

Craig

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i dont know,the only thing i hate about it is the lack of FLASH, my sony laptop running windows 7 is also very good and has given no problems at all, but that said if it packs up it will be a Mac, So lets have FLASH NOW !

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.. if so apologies..

Apple Mac computers use Apple's OS X operating system and run Adobe Flash, always have .

iPads run the same operating system as the iPod Touch and iPhone .. basically a big screen iPhone..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back