Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi
Looking through past posts and im just wondering over the last couple of years,has anybody organized a weekend up on our lovely north east coast or up in the wear valley maybe ?? if they have will they be doing it again??
If not would anybody fancy a get together for a weekend up here?

Ive never been to a meet so could someone tell me whats required or needed apart from a pub or two within walking distance . Alan

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Alan

We would def be up for it, in fact we were thinking of going up their sometime in the next couple of months. Perhaps somewhere near Alnwick, never been before but have heard it is fab up there.
there are a few reprobates from up that way :ROFLMAO: and i am sure they will put you right for the best places to go!
we will keep an eye on this thread.

cheers
andrea & jeff

aka The Stig

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi Alan,

I'm not far from you and I would also be up for it, be good to meet up with like minded funsters......:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi Alan

We would def be up for it, in fact we were thinking of going up their sometime in the next couple of months. Perhaps somewhere near Alnwick, never been before but have heard it is fab up there.
there are a few reprobates from up that way :ROFLMAO: and i am sure they will put you right for the best places to go!
we will keep an eye on this thread.

cheers
andrea & jeff

aka The Stig
Hi I'm always up here myself most weekends ,either in the van or my car,and until late last year on my motorbike,but its gone now!! ,its a beautiful place to go,I love a night away to chill out after a hard week ,lots of little places to park up and enjoy a night out . In fact contemplating a night out tomorrow night,probably around Alnmouth,couple of really nice pubs around here and not to busy yet as still early in the season. I was Just saying there doesn't seem to be any meets up here and was wondering if any have been organized in the past?? If not was thinking if anyone might be interested in getting together and organizing a weekend ? not sure what what's required though as never been to meet yet !!. Alan

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Are you talking about Scran and Dellwood Country?

If so, wouldn't it be a bit rough and tough for us Southern softies? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Would we have to bring our own electricity?

JJ :winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Are you talking about Scran and Dellwood Country?

If so, wouldn't it be a bit rough and tough for us Southern softies? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Would we have to bring our own electricity?

JJ :winky:

No, a bath full of coal would suffice :roflmto:

When a similar idea was raised last year we ended up at Ambleside for a great weekend - not NE but not too far away.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Love Northumberland - my favourite county! :Smile:

Planning on being there in June - for a visit to the Farne Islands among other things - would like to join in with a meet-up.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
north east coast

Hi
Looking through past posts and im just wondering over the last couple of years,has anybody organized a weekend up on our lovely north east coast or up in the wear valley maybe ?? if they have will they be doing it again??
If not would anybody fancy a get together for a weekend up here?

Ive never been to a meet so could someone tell me whats required or needed apart from a pub or two within walking distance . Alan

HI ALAN WE HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT Y NO ONE HAS DONE A MEET UP HERE AS U SAY THE COAST IS BEAUTIFUL AND AMBLE ALL THE WAY UP THE COAST TO SCOTLAND HAS FANTASTIC VIEWS WE WOULD CERTAINLY B UP FOR A MEET BUT IT DEPENDS ON STEVE S WORK I KNOW THE MCC HAS MEETS AT ALNWICK RUGBY CLUB WHICH WE HAVE BEEN TO MANY TIMES U CAN WALK TO ALNWICK ALNWICK GDNS PLENTY OF PUBS CAFES SHIPS ALSO A LEISURE CENTRE FOR SWIMMING RIGHT NEXT TO SITE U COULD GO WITHOUT CLUB PAY A LITTLE MORE AND GET ELECTRIC WE KNOW A LOVELY SPOT FOR WILD CAMPING AT DRURIDGE WHERE WE GO NOTHING THERE BUT PEACE AND QUIET YOUR THAT CLOSE TO SEA U THINK YOUR ON A BOAT LOL WILL KEEP A WATCH TO C IF ANYONE ELSE UP FOR IT ALSO C & CC DO MEETS THERE SEABURN ANS SOUTH SHIELDS ARE NICE ALSO:thumb:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Alnwick

SORRY SHOULD SAY SHOPS NOT SHIPS LOL WE CAN T DO FIRST WEEK IN JUNE TAKING PARENTS ON HOLIDAY TO WALES::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We'd love it but won't be free now till mid-end July. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
We are always up for a meet and a local one would be a bonus !!

As GJH said around 15 vans went to last years north east meet in Ambleside - but it would be great to find somewhere closer for another one this year.

We havent explored that part of the world in our m/h so we cant help with ideas for a venue im afraid, but open to suggestions for possible sites.

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
We are always up for a meet and a local one would be a bonus !!

As GJH said around 15 vans went to last years north east meet in Ambleside - but it would be great to find somewhere closer for another one this year.

We havent explored that part of the world in our m/h so we cant help with ideas for a venue im afraid, but open to suggestions for possible sites.
OK keep up the suggestions:thumb::thumb: and ill start looking around for a suitable location for later in the year , Alan

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
HI ALAN WE HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED ABOUT Y NO ONE HAS DONE A MEET UP HERE AS U SAY THE COAST IS BEAUTIFUL AND AMBLE ALL THE WAY UP THE COAST TO SCOTLAND HAS FANTASTIC VIEWS WE WOULD CERTAINLY B UP FOR A MEET BUT IT DEPENDS ON STEVE S WORK I KNOW THE MCC HAS MEETS AT ALNWICK RUGBY CLUB WHICH WE HAVE BEEN TO MANY TIMES U CAN WALK TO ALNWICK ALNWICK GDNS PLENTY OF PUBS CAFES SHIPS ALSO A LEISURE CENTRE FOR SWIMMING RIGHT NEXT TO SITE U COULD GO WITHOUT CLUB PAY A LITTLE MORE AND GET ELECTRIC WE KNOW A LOVELY SPOT FOR WILD CAMPING AT DRURIDGE WHERE WE GO NOTHING THERE BUT PEACE AND QUIET YOUR THAT CLOSE TO SEA U THINK YOUR ON A BOAT LOL WILL KEEP A WATCH TO C IF ANYONE ELSE UP FOR IT ALSO C & CC DO MEETS THERE SEABURN ANS SOUTH SHIELDS ARE NICE ALSO:thumb:
Not a lot of places to park up near seaburn,plus I lived there for all my younger life and all !! my family are still there,(Roker) is your wild camping just before Cresswell?? or just after on the sandy park?? lovly there as well but only if you want quite as theres nowt else about,but sand sea and more sand and sea,and a little more sand and SE!! . ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::thumb: do you think the Southerners have wood burners in the vans ?? or are they posh down there and use coke ??

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not a lot of places to park up near seaburn,plus I lived there for all my younger life and all !! my family are still there,(Roker) is your wild camping just before Cresswell?? or just after on the sandy park?? lovly there as well but only if you want quite as theres nowt else about,but sand sea and more sand and sea,and a little more sand and SE!! . ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::thumb: do you think the Southerners have wood burners in the vans ?? or are they posh down there and use coke ??

I don't know who it was, but I have seen a couple of very big rallies held in Seaburn.

Last year they were parked in the field next to Morrisons supermarket. There were a lot of motorhomes and caravans there for quite some time. I could not make out the flags that were flying as I was driving past in the car as I live just along the coast road in South Shields.
It's not the quietest place in the world to hold a meet, and will not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is just across the road, (literally 50m) from the beach, Morrisons supermarket and cafe next door, and plenty fish n chips, takeaways, pubs etc very close by. I don't know what if any facilities are available there in the field.

Anyhow hope we can find a venue and hold a meet up here. On the one or two days of the year we get sunshine here it is really beautiful part of the country and even "southerner shandy drinkers" are welcome as long as they bring lots of cash to share with t peasants in the cloth caps here.:Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I know

I don't know who it was, but I have seen a couple of very big rallies held in Seaburn.

Last year they were parked in the field next to Morrisons supermarket. There were a lot of motorhomes and caravans there for quite some time. I could not make out the flags that were flying as I was driving past in the car as I live just along the coast road in South Shields.
It's not the quietest place in the world to hold a meet, and will not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is just across the road, (literally 50m) from the beach, Morrisons supermarket and cafe next door, and plenty fish n chips, takeaways, pubs etc very close by. I don't know what if any facilities are available there in the field.

Anyhow hope we can find a venue and hold a meet up here. On the one or two days of the year we get sunshine here it is really beautiful part of the country and even "southerner shandy drinkers" are welcome as long as they bring lots of cash to share with t peasants in the cloth caps here.:Eeek::Eeek:
I know where you mean,they sometimes use it for fairs etc,just behind bus turn around and morrisons,on sea front. it actually behind and can be accessed of sea front and road of running dycklands road. any chance you could try and find out who owns it ?? that is if you live local,I live miles away now :thumb:. Alan

see linkLink Removed

Last edited:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
We would certainly be up for a North East meet

keep us updated, bet there would be more than just a few vans

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We would be up for it too as long as we can bring the terrierists!

Kath & Howie

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Where

Hi all,had a drive around this Morning and most of PM, in car. ,most sites want around £17.50 a night ,but not sure what everybody wants . Found a little site tucked out the way ,really clean and tidy and a little pub in village ,to date most months unbooked but again 17.50 per night or would a more lively site be best ?? any suggestions. The above wont move on price ,but if I had an idea how many dont think they would turn us away. Any suggestion on a good location or whats required would be a help also when ?? Alan see link to site http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2172

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I know where you mean,they sometimes use it for fairs etc,just behind bus turn around and morrisons,on sea front. it actually behind and can be accessed of sea front and road of running dycklands road. any chance you could try and find out who owns it ?? that is if you live local,I live miles away now :thumb:. Alan

see linkLink Removed

I am awake at work for another couple of weeks. I shall try and find out when I get back. It is indeed a huge fields behind Morrisons, you could park an army there. I will also keep an eye out for any other suitable venues...
Cheers.:thumb:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Have just been speaking to Dee (Tommy_harry ) too,

They are keen for the meet to go ahead.

Think that is a bit steep for a meet , depends what people want, we would prob pay it as we wouldnt pay so much in diesel as other meets, not sure what anyone else would think.

Leanne :Smile::Smile:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
seaburn

hi its c&cclub also mcc have rallies there been to both its really handy if you want to go to south shields the bus stop just outside and the supermarket very handy don tneed toworry about food ::bigsmile:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Alnwick

ALNWICK RUGBY CLUB HAS A CLUB ON SITE ALSO EASY EALKING DISTANCE TO ALNWICK LEISURE CENTRE JUST OUTSIDE OF SITE AND £12 A NIGHT WITH ELECTRIC OPENS BEGINNING OF MAY::bigsmile:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
ALNWICK RUGBY CLUB HAS A CLUB ON SITE ALSO EASY EALKING DISTANCE TO ALNWICK LEISURE CENTRE JUST OUTSIDE OF SITE AND £12 A NIGHT WITH ELECTRIC OPENS BEGINNING OF MAY::bigsmile:

Hi Scran,

Have you stayed there before?

I have not been on there myself, but Alnwick is a nice location.
I wonder how many EHU they have.
Some mixed reviews on UKCampsites, but thats not unusual as everyone had different ideas.
Gotta be worth putting on the shortlist, I would be up for it...:thumb::thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
A beautiful part of the country - would not be able to make a meet up there this year already booked for 11 :Eeek:- we were up there last year - a good site for a rally would be Hexham Racecourse - I know the warden there is up for rallies and would be only to pleased to assist. Fantastic views and a peacefull location - easy waterfill and dump and can accommodate all sizes of unit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back