ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
If you were towing a car to France via Sea France then you need to contact them ASAP See Seafrance News Release :Eeek:

Nice one Jim
smiley_lollegs.gif
smiley_lollegs.gif
smiley_lollegs.gif

Regards Pat

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Just got up seen it 1st time I read it I though WOW:Eeek: then the date hit me april 1st:ROFLMAO:

You'll be responsible for some heart attacks you Jim:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Wondered what deviousness had formed in Jim's mind for this year:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
i read it though oh well then thought it had to come i suppose/maybe then the date hit me.

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Gotcha Stu, Its handy that Edit button isn't it::bigsmile:

Yep, didn't want to change it too much so that I was trying to hide the fact.
:cry:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
hehehehehe well done, i bet some choked on their cornflakes reading that this morning

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Gotcha Stu, Its handy that Edit button isn't it::bigsmile:

and the button that says "remove your thanks" :RollEyes:

Mine was a genuine thanks for information that I thought was really helpful...... until Ken said they were gassing's on Sea France.::bigsmile:

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
you bugger , i have just reposted that on facebook , you had me worried , not that we are taking our car to Paris but friends of ours are , thats twice i have been had now :Doh::Doh:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Good News

Having spent the entire morning on the phone to the French Embassy and Sea France
Myself and Jim in a conference call with all concerned,and with the help of FUN’s Legal Dept have thrashed out a temporary agreement/solution.

Given that this sudden and unexpected rule will cause a lot of FUN and RVOC members a great deal of distress
The best legal brains on the forum went to great lengths to point out that section 6, Paragraph 3, Sub section 11a of the 1953 Railway mans guide. permits Shunting in exceptional circumstances.

As the French regulations have concentrated on Towing it appears this clause was over looked.

It has been conceded by Sea France and the French authorities, that whilst it is still their intension to enforce these new regulations, it has been agreed, that provided the Motor Home engine remains switched off, it will be permitted for the “Toad” to push the Motor Home on and off the Ferries.

Further more the vehicle’s must remain in this condition whilst using Town Centres, N roads, and Aires.

However in the interests of safety the Motor Home engine may be started on inclines above 1 in 5 and Motorways, when The toads engine is less than 1400cc
Sincere thanks to Jim and the legal team for there efforts
Sea France and the French Authorities for their understanding and cooperation.

In a statement to be released,

In the interests of protecting the French economy and Petro Chemical industry.

The French are also looking at Banning all Motor Homes with Consumption figures in excess of 18 MPG, with particular attention being paid to those that achieve in excess of 40MPG (VWs) these will be destroyed immediately upon embarkation.

American RVs however are to be actively encouraged with the possibility of free passage on all Ferries to France and EU ports, as their contribution to the economy is paramount and any losses in ferry fees will be recouped on the first fill up in France
Happy Towing
Geo

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I have also read a lot of reports on gassings on Sea France :Eeek:

I have it on good authority that the reports of gassing on Sea France Ferries has been traced to the specific quality of Baked Beans used in their full english breakfast. This measure was introduced to stop people crowding in the stairwells and destabilising the ferry while the captain was trying to dock.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
you bugger , i have just reposted that on facebook , you had me worried , not that we are taking our car to Paris but friends of ours are , thats twice i have been had now :Doh::Doh:

Haha now i know why i couldnt comment on you FB post ....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Guess I have been had too

Good one Jim :thumb::thumb:

Kath

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back