Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
The other week due to my partner needing the car I decided to take the motorhome to work and thought it would give it a nice run out .... done it before with no problems . Work has a large secure car park with plenty room ....... Parked up and off I trotted to the graft , 3 hour's later a very excited workmate comes running up to inform me my home had gone walkabouts and crashed into 2 cars ...... one of which was the Managing Directors of all people........ shock and horror are not the words , very sheepishly I went to look , with horror stories ringing in my ears of video evidence and large impacts from another excited workmate .... when I got there a large crowd had gathered , and on close inspection very minor damage , a small scratch on my bumper and an even smaller one on a work mate's car ....... The Manager's top of the range Audi had a cricket ball sized dent in the rear bumper which returned back to shape as we inspected it ......... Oh dear! I must have left the hand brake off when I jumped out ..... Luckily it could have been a lot worse ... a small fee paid for the damage to my workmates car and I am avoiding the Manager by hiding whenever he appear's ................. the moral of this sad tale , dont go to work . :Blush::Blush::Blush::whatthe:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi very lucky then id also check your insurance before you take it to work again as mine aint insured to take it to my work and im sure it has been discussed on here before most aint insured for going back and forward to work.

Gerry

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You are very lucky, someone did similar earlier this month and their vehicle hit ours it has caused £3000 of damage, mind it had help with momentum as it rolled down a slope into ours they also hadnt applied the handbrake.
As gerry says check your policy as most are not covered for commute to place of work

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Quite right most Motor Homes are covered for "Social Domestic and Pleasure" use only
That used to cover going to work as well BUT NOT NOW:Eeek:
The terminology has changed you now need to add "Commuting":thumb:
Or " In conection with the policy holders business" if self employed
another type of cover is reqd if you want to use it for your employers business, even popping to the PO on the way home for him:Doh:
Geo

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Hi very lucky then id also check your insurance before you take it to work again as mine aint insured to take it to my work and im sure it has been discussed on here before most aint insured for going back and forward to work.

Gerry
Mine is insured for commuting - I frequently use it to travel to work. It's my little runaround:RollEyes:

OP
OP
blamehofman

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Thanks all . yes I was lucky and wont be ever taking my pride and joy near that place again :Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Horror story, but no real harm done, and I've a feeling you'll never forget the handbrake again::bigsmile: Me, I'd have bene looking for concealed candid cameras :Eeek:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Goodness knows what our customers would think if we took the motorhome to work with us, they'd think we charge too much ::bigsmile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I heard one day of a policeman who forgot the handbrake when he parked the Landrover he was in and that collided with another parked vehicle.

Unfortunately the other vehicle was an Aer Lingus jet on the apron at an airport near me! The only thing that lightened everyone up was, the jet was a Focker. Cost the motor insurers approx £150k.

This is true - I was that insurance broker! LOL

:ROFLMAO:

Makes other 'no handbrake' collisions pale into insignificance really, doesn't it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back