Fiat 2.8JTD INJECTOR LIGHT (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
OK, it's time to bite the bullet and seek a service shop in South Yorkshire. Can anyone recommend a garage that will undertake investigative work on my Fiat based motorhome which shows an intermittent injector light fault. Please don't suggest Autoworld in Chesterfield as I have had VERY bad experiences with them.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
is Geo not able to help or is it more of an auto electrician type bod you want? Im sure he would use someone so may be ask him or drop him a PM.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Happy to scan it for you if you dont have the codes
But there is one word in your post that sends shiver up the back of every Garage
see if you can guess it Ill reply later
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Happy to scan it for you if you dont have the codes
But there is one word in your post that sends shiver up the back of every Garage
see if you can guess it Ill reply later
Geo

I know.....I know.......please Sir......I know

:roflmto:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
intermittent​

is it this one boss -----^^^^^^-------

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The code that comes up is 0235, boost pressure, but as I've posted previously, this could be one of several things.
When I say intermittent I mean I can drive and not get a problem by restricting the revs. However I can induce the warning light to come on, but the intermittent bit is that it sometimes causes the engine to go into standbye mode, but not always.
I think it is an auto-electrician I need although I believe it could be a mechanical fault such as the gate valve sticking.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
The code that comes up is 0235, boost pressure, but as I've posted previously, this could be one of several things.
When I say intermittent I mean I can drive and not get a problem by restricting the revs. However I can induce the warning light to come on, but the intermittent bit is that it sometimes causes the engine to go into standbye mode, but not always.
I think it is an auto-electrician I need although I believe it could be a mechanical fault such as the gate valve sticking.

Hiya, sorry we missed you leaving at Newark, (have you tried taking the bulb out) :thumb: .
These systems are fantastic when they are asleep but as soon as they start thinking they turn into a nightmare.
I do worry sometimes as to what I will do if one I get into my car etc and it has decided it`s a tea pot.:Doh:

Hope you get it sorted.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
intermittent​

is it this one boss -----^^^^^^-------
10 / 10
Suck up more labour time than a Dyson, and whos paying
Not the sort of work any workshop wants
Your often left with dissatisfied customers
There is only one cure start throwing money at it, cheapest first and see where it leads
if your looking for the right first time Technician, he don't exist
Best guess is all there is im afraid
Geo

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I don't mind paying so long as I get the right result. Unfortunately I have already mentioned one dealer who was clueless (about something else-but their incompetence could have resulted in a serious accident) and another has suggested I start by changing the boost pressure sensor at £65 without any conviction that this will cure it.
I'm not after a freebie but a recommendation of a GOOD engineer.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I don't mind paying so long as I get the right result. Unfortunately I have already mentioned one dealer who was clueless (about something else-but their incompetence could have resulted in a serious accident) and another has suggested I start by changing the boost pressure sensor at £65 without any conviction that this will cure it.
I'm not after a freebie but a recommendation of a GOOD engineer.
I fully understand your frustration, we own vehicles too
that have prolbems
a few years ago I spent a couple of hundred quid in senors alone withought counting labour to try and cure a problem on the wifes car , with the help of Fords Technical dept ,finished up a simple mod to throttle position sensor cured iit:Doh:
Your going to have to spend and trust someone at somtime, like i said first time fix very unlikely unles lady luck is on your side
Geo

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
try these people they service my fait 2.8td

Link Removed

thier over near stainforth way

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I fully understand your frustration, we own vehicles too
that have prolbems
a few years ago I spent a couple of hundred quid in senors alone withought counting labour to try and cure a problem on the wifes car , with the help of Fords Technical dept ,finished up a simple mod to throttle position sensor cured iit:Doh:
Your going to have to spend and trust someone at somtime, like i said first time fix very unlikely unles lady luck is on your side
Geo

Brings back bad memories that back in the 60's I remember being presented with a Triumph Herald that had a knock - it was a consistent noise - a number of people had had a go at it and we listened and then a few other mechs had a listen and opinions varied from a small end to a big end but after compression tests -oil pressure etc it had to come apart so it was stripped right down and checked over - new big ends and mains as it was apart but no sign of wear. Small ends were ok and so it was carefully reassembled and fitted back in the car. Knock still there so everyone else had gone home and I would not let it beat me so started it up again listened all round and decided to take it apart again - took the fan belt / air filter / fan etc off and decided to move it over nearer to my kit save keep on walking - quiet as a mouse. worked out there was a little knot of the cording on the fanbelt that caused a thump on every rotation. To my knowledge that had beaten at least 3 garages and a lot of mechanics - how the hell do you explain to the owner that he has paid a number of garages and had it stripped down when all it needed was a new fan belt ???

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
try these people they service my fait 2.8td

Link Removed

thier over near stainforth way

Thanks. I have also been given the name of Hoggs in Sheffield so I will ring them both and try and get a feel for how confident they feel at fixing it. At the end of the day it's pot luck.

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I have been to Hoggs this morning and basically they don't want to know. He thinks it is more likely to be a turbo problem than injectors and they don't deal with them.

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Well I bit the bullet and took the van into Stoneacre at Doncaster who are a Fiat dealer. They have replaced the turbo pressure sensor which has cured the problem. Fingers crossed that all will now be well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back