Free Member
Mar 12, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi All,

Me again. Right so i have bought my Hymer 522, right hand drive, just trying to sort out the insurance. I wondering if anyone had any tips for the ferry and travelling in France. The plan is to do 1 short trip to France and then a 6 month one round Europe. Any help / tips will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi

We have only had 1 trip to mainland Europe which was Spain Via Andora return.Give yourslf plenty of time to get to where you want to go so that you can enjoy the trip ad stop when ever you want. Avoid motorway service stations for fuel ( as you would in the UK ). Ferry prices vary so just search on line for best price and watch all forums as offer codes will pop up when somebody finds one, When you first arrive in France try to do it in day light or park up ASAP (Calais booking office car park) after your first day driving on the wrong side of the road will be easy.
Relax and enjoy

All the best
Rob

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi All,

Me again. Right so i have bought my Hymer 522, right hand drive, just trying to sort out the insurance. I wondering if anyone had any tips for the ferry and travelling in France. The plan is to do 1 short trip to France and then a 6 month one round Europe. Any help / tips will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi and welcome... if you are quick, Wildman has a very cheap ferry crossing ticket on offer...

check out elsewhere on the site...

or PM him if you can

JJ

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back