Low Wattage Hairdryer in Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are not big power users in the motorhome. I have a 600w inverter, is there any point looking for a hairdryer that will work with it?

I cannot imagine the 12v being any more efficient than a fan; are they?

And no,::bigsmile: I know I have no need for a hairdryer, it's for Sian, who got used to firing up the 5.5kva Genny in the Rv and running her regular dryer. ::bigsmile:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
In a word No

You can get hot brushes that run off butane, but I have not found an alternative for a hair drier.

Anyway you thinking of growing some Jim:ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
The hot blowers in the Saabs are superb Jim. There must be a way of installing one into the water system of the motorhome via pipes from the engine. Start her up and there you ahve it after a few minutes warming.

As for the 12v ones they are naff but if a womens got to have a hairdryer to make her day at least it will keep her quiet for a few hours :roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
In a word No

You can get hot brushes that run off butane, but I have not found an alternative for a hair drier.

Anyway you thinking of growing some Jim:ROFLMAO:

He was watching dancing on ice and thought he too had £20k spare :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
My missus (Carol) uses a Revlon Hot Air Curling brush - like curling tongs but with a brush attachment that also blows hot air through the brush bit (hence the name) so it curls and dries at the same time and it's only 300w.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
In a word yes. Lynn has used one for years. More of a styling brush, used without the atachments its is a great hair drier. Look for a Hot Air Styler, Argos do a 300 watt one for £10. Try this one here. Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The daft thing is that there is no reason why a 12v hairdryer could not be effective, if you were prepared for it to draw 50A + from your batteries for a short while, after all your inverter will be drawing more, for the same amount of heat, as it is less than 100% efficient. It's just that no one makes one (no demand they would say)

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I bought one for Becki, as she has a thing about her hair being 'done'. She is a short-haired tom-boy type so never really understood it really. But if it thunders, she will sleep upright in case of power cuts!:ROFLMAO:

Guess it's a woman thing:Blush:

Anyway, as for effectiveness - depends what you call a good night. If you love spending time with your wife, then it is a definite no-no!

If not, then it is ideal- as by the time her hair is dry, you would have been out by yourself, had a meal, got a little drunk and stumble back to bed!:ROFLMAO:

A

Addie

Deleted User
Forget 12v hairdryers, we've had about 5 now and you're better just putting your head in front of the cab blown air vents on hot.

We've opted for a 2100W Ring Inverter (£100) mounted under the front passenger seat and connected direct to the cab battery under the floor so my girlfriend can use her 2000W hairdryer (which actually only pulls 1400w in reality).

Only to be used with the engine running before a decent trip - but keeps her happy!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Forget 12v hairdryers, we've had about 5 now and you're better just putting your head in front of the cab blown air vents on hot.

We've opted for a 2100W Ring Inverter (£100) mounted under the front passenger seat and connected direct to the cab battery under the floor so my girlfriend can use her 2000W hairdryer (which actually only pulls 1400w in reality).

Only to be used with the engine running before a decent trip - but keeps her happy!

Just the job, but where did you get one for £100, cheapest I have found is £219

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
hazel runs her normal home hairdryer on low setting off the 800w (peak?) inverter paid £40 new for it on eBay just need a polishing cloth for me these days :ROFLMAO:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Link Removed

worth a try - years ago when the wife had long hair we had one she used it for years without problem

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

Exactly what we use. Got a 2000w one of a funster on here, a posh pure sine wave one and although older than others, works a treat.
Check back to that post when I asked a similar question and i had nothing but negative replies telling me that batteries would be flat by the time Nikki had finished and what's the point. Well 10 months later on, Im pleased to say, a) We have never had a the batteries go flat and b) Nikki looks as beautiful as ever whenever we go away without me having to dig out the generator. :thumb:
I would not allow her a 12v one as TBH it would be all right for you Jim, but I think Sian might struggle :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back