Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi
My motor home is a Cat D insurance repaired Van .
Very light damage to the roof , a tree branch snapped when parked up in Scotland and cracked outer roof skin covers, cost £2300 through dealer to repair with brand new dealer parts,they repaired it in under 3 hrs . Can anybody explain why an insurance company would right it of and give previous owner a new Van for such little amount of damage?? it was only 5 months old with 2700 on the clock when damage happened and Its not even listed on V5 as having been damaged .It then sat in a vehicle salvage yard for nearly ten months before the garage I purchased it from bought it. I have seen both the broken parts and have picture of damage ,this seems seems ridiculous to me ?? can anybody explain why an insurance company would do this!! tried asking previous owner but they wont reply,and insurance company wont give any info due to data protection.:Eeek::Eeek:see picture of damage click to enlarge,also see link of vehicle sale auctions .http://www.salvagesparefinder.co.uk/*FIAT+DUCATO+MOTORCARAVAN+MCLOUIS+TANDY+673-83744.htm

Attachments

• Damage 1.jpg
    Damage 1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Another reason our premiums are so high these days......................

Hope you got a real bargain!:Smile:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
its not uncommon for a insurance policy to include cover fully replaceing with new if its under 12 months old. i suspect this is what has happened . looks like you have a good unit to use, at low cost.however this will be relevent when you come to sell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back