To all that attended Newark show (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I was overwhelmed by the amount of kindeness shown to me while at Newark. This was the first time away with out Bruno permanently.

It did take its toll but getting there now.

My apologies to Ray for drinking nearly all his special plonk when I ran out on friday night.:Blush:

I know I go on and on about it theirs something special about being a Funster.

Great tio meet old friends and new:thumb:

Last edited:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hello, John<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
We were hoping to meet you at Newark but, unfortunately, although we were there from Friday to Sunday we never actually got to any of the meetings. The first night we walked to the pavilion at about 9.15pm and the place was so crowded that we didn’t go in – it was a bit like a lion’s den and we were the fresh meat! <o:p></o:p>
On Saturday we went to see the Elvis impersonator so, again, missed the club meeting. On Sunday morning we had already arranged to meet two couples from another club as they were both attending as day visitors so, yet again, we missed our chance to meet you. In fact, the only people that we did meet were Bernie (rural driver) who has an identical van to ours – a 1994 Talbot Express – and whom we had been corresponding with, Val (weekenders), who had contacted us previously and Jaws (we don’t know his real name) who helped to tune in the TV aerial for us. We suppose that’s our fault because we didn’t approach anyone else but we did put a large sign on our windscreen with our names and saying that we were MHF newbies.<o:p></o:p>
Anyway, sorry we didn’t get the chance to see you.<o:p></o:p>
Regards<o:p></o:p>
Rob & Val

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hello, John<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
We were hoping to meet you at Newark but, unfortunately, although we were there from Friday to Sunday we never actually got to any of the meetings. The first night we walked to the pavilion at about 9.15pm and the place was so crowded that we didn’t go in – it was a bit like a lion’s den and we were the fresh meat! <o:p></o:p>
On Saturday we went to see the Elvis impersonator so, again, missed the club meeting. On Sunday morning we had already arranged to meet two couples from another club as they were both attending as day visitors so, yet again, we missed our chance to meet you. In fact, the only people that we did meet were Bernie (rural driver) who has an identical van to ours – a 1994 Talbot Express – and whom we had been corresponding with, Val (weekenders), who had contacted us previously and Jaws (we don’t know his real name) who helped to tune in the TV aerial for us. We suppose that’s our fault because we didn’t approach anyone else but we did put a large sign on our windscreen with our names and saying that we were MHF newbies.<o:p></o:p>
Rob & Val

Well you are a pair of silly billy's:winky:

We had a hall to ourselves.

I am so sorry we didn't meet with you and other funster:winky:

We really are friendly and signs mean nought:winky:

Next time park next to me:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
...........but we did put a large sign on our windscreen with our names and saying that we were MHF newbies.................<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

We saw the sign when we came around doing the 'Name the countries' quiz and saw your sign so knocked the door to say hello but you were out - we are all very friendly so just join in - look forward to meeting you at another meet:thumb:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Rob & Val

It only looked crowded in there on Friday because we were all huddled together to share the warmth.
More bodies would have been very welcome indeed.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back