Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi all
I am sat in Wareham forest and can not get a signal on my satelite ( clear view of sky away from trees ) when I look at signal strength I am on 70% signal quality 0% any ideas what I am doing wrong.
Great site £98 for a week wifi included.

Rob

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi all
I am sat in Wareham forest and can not get a signal on my satelite ( clear view of sky away from trees ) when I look at signal strength I am on 70% signal quality 0% any ideas what I am doing wrong.
Great site £98 for a week wifi included.

Rob

Hi Rob, it's all about perseverance I had a similar problem, I tuned into the direction ok and got some signal strength but no quality, I assumed there had to be some elevation on the dish, after loads of adjustments I found having the dish almost vertical I got the signal I required, (the arm holding the horn already has a degree of elevation) my dish is a maxview and now I use the dish vertical I can usually be on station in a couple of minutes.:thumb:

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
Hi Rob, it's all about perseverance I had a similar problem, I tuned into the direction ok and got some signal strength but no quality, I assumed there had to be some elevation on the dish, after loads of adjustments I found having the dish almost vertical I got the signal I required, (the arm holding the horn already has a degree of elevation) my dish is a maxview and now I use the dish vertical I can usually be on station in a couple of minutes.:thumb:

Exactly the same with me near vertical dish for best reception :Smile:

Enjoy your stay :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Hi all

The most common issue where people get good strength and no quality and a beeper saying youa re on a satllite is that you are not on the correct satellite.

OP
OP
R

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Result 75% signal strength 65% quality but cannot get bbc1 / bbc2/ and channel 5 everything else working great any ideas ?

Rob

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Result 75% signal strength 65% quality but cannot get bbc1 / bbc2/ and channel 5 everything else working great any ideas ?

Rob
you're probably still on the wrong satellite.

had the same problem this weekend at newark.....just a few degrees to the left and found the ASTRA 2 sat and full programing.

you could be on HOTBIRD....only a few degrees between them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Full channel line up now I checked with home and I am on the right satelite but the LNB was 1degree off .
Thanks all

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back