Weymouth Parking (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
There is a very large car park (I think it's called the Swannery) near to the B&Q in Weymouth..I used it when I was a HGV driver to park there for a couple of hours once when the B&Q boys wouldn't unload me as I was too early I asked at the office they had there if it was OK and they said no probs.... that was about 4 years ago...Might be worth a punt though!!

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
You could wild camp near the sailing academy on Portland, lots of open land

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Doddy999

Doddy999

Free Member
May 3, 2010
Exeter Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8/5/2010
There is a very large car park (I think it's called the Swannery) near to the B&Q in Weymouth..I used it when I was a HGV driver to park there for a couple of hours once when the B&Q boys wouldn't unload me as I was too early I asked at the office they had there if it was OK and they said no probs.... that was about 4 years ago...Might be worth a punt though!!

Thanks & look in the corner a motorhome ::bigsmile:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place...near=Weymouth,+Dorset&cid=1358930626419221728

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Parking in Weymouth is a nightmare. And Expensive for any length of time...

Dont think about parking in the Jubilee Retail park opposite Swannery Car Park or in B&Q car park unless you are shopping.... They are getting very hot on tickets and clamping..

If you do stay in Swannery car park make sure you only park in your allocated bay.....If you straddle the next bays beside or in front or behind they will wack a ticket on you for taking two (2) bays...

There are if memory serves me correct a few that are a bit bigger than the norm over near the lake and if you are longish you can stick your nose over the grass bank.. (Hope you can understand my ramblings...

We lived there for nearly 50 yrs and the best thing we did was move to Devon... I love Weymouth but hate the little Hitler jobsworth parking wardens/attendants.. :Blush:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

Woops...... Just looked at your map.. and it looks as if they have changed the lay out and the bays I was on about are not there now.. looks like the exit road.......

If you google DT4 and Wilton Drive (Which is where we used to live) as you go up Wyke Road and take a right turn into Faircross Ave.... you can park there on the left it`s a residential street and there is a bit of parking on the left.... It is about 10 - 15 min walk into town back down Wyke Road.. the one you would have driven up to get to Faircross or Wilton Drive...:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Parking wardens are total ****** down there - to give you a perfect example....Weymouth Harbour, putting you boat into the water to put on your mooring which costs several arms legs etc. You have licences and passes etc. WHILST YOU ARE UNLOADING ON THE SLIPWAY, Trailer in the water, 6 ton boat being lowered... they put a ticket on your car for 'parking on a slipway'....

(appeal was denied on the grounds that the vehicle was stationary whilst it was unloading)

Old Water Works, near Westham Bridge. close to town (short walk). If you like walking...why not park in Southill...you can a nice 2m walk through the nature reserve...nice if you like ducks.

Is the lorry park still there at ....good grief, I can't remember where they call it! ......on the way to preston, near the sealife centre? Not sure, but there is plenty of parking there. If not, turn down college road and there is lots there, and a short bus ride or walk into town -park for free too! Usually £580 in weymouth!

You could even get away with parking at the ferry terminal - again ask! Used to be ok as long as you wee out of the way - and nothe fort, across the water have one park with no height restrictions - the others have barriers.

In Poole - go to the Serpentine Car park...

No! Don't, I am joking....

I Have parked on the quay - which was allowed as I asked the warden, and he said as long as it was gone by 4pm when he finished his shift, it would be fine...the guy taking over from him was meant to be a *****

But if you go down onto the quay, turn left and keep going, end of road turn right - take you back into town you come to some good and quite nice looking parking there - not sure what it is called!

samany

Free Member
Sep 3, 2009
cheltenham, glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
may 2009
we parked up on bowleaze cove.,great in the morning if you have a dog big grassed area and a great view over weymouth bay there were eight or nine of us there.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have also parked up on Bowleazecove, but make sure you on the top where it is flat otherwise you will be sliding down in your bed.
We have also parked at Baiter car park, they have designated parking spots for campers, about £6.50 per day, it does say no overnight parking but we have stayed at night and the wardens so OK as long as you get a ticket at 6am next morning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back