johnbwhitehead

Free Member
Jun 30, 2009
Funster No
MH
compass amazon
Exp
2 years
i want to have a radio in the motorhome.
12 volt running off the lesure batt.
anyone know of a none car radio for use in motorhomes.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
ours has a 3 position switch on the dash to select ignition power- off or leisure battery.
that could be the cheapest option for you.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
i want to have a radio in the motorhome.
12 volt running off the lesure batt.
anyone know of a none car radio for use in motorhomes.

With the digital switchover approaching I think it would be worth looking at a DAB radio.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought a battery/mains DAB radio from Argos Clearance on eBay. Mono (but you don't really need stereo in a small motorhome for the use we make of it) and only cost around £14. Sits in a locker when not in use.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If you are looking for excellent sound and great quality I recommend a Roberts DAB radio.

We bought one last year and it is fantastic, auto tuning, long battery life (150hrs).
It also has FM tuning.

Like most things, quality doesn't come cheap, have a look at the range here http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/Products/DAB_radios.htm

we bought this one Link Removed

Last edited:

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
'Pure' make some nice sounding DAB radios, especially the 'Marshall' model, for a small radio it sounds really deep & rich & the volume goes to 11!::bigsmile:

Then when we're on the move we have the 'Pure Highway' that we swap between car & MH.:thumb:

Steve

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
We have Sony CDX-DAB6650's in both cars and the RV, and they are great in my opinion:thumb:

They come with the aerial and a remote, no good for the car but great fun in the van, lazy I know but toys eh, and similar to above we have a selectable switch on the dash for power source, though I snipped the wire from the engine battery to make sure idiot here dosen't accidentaly flatten the engine battery:Doh:

We bought a cheapy (Tesco/Sainsburys (can't remember)) freestanding one but boy does it eat batteries, 6-8 hours so I'm thinking of opening it up and making it so I can run it of the 12 volt via a 12-9volt adaptor. It only occationaly comes out, like if we are sitting outside, no one close enogh to be bothered by it, mind you PLANET ROCK, who could not love it:thumb::ROFLMAO:

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Ours are all set to Planet Rock, (the best classic rock station on DAB) it's a waste having other pre-sets on it.....Don't know if it's clear enough but you can just see a PR sticker under the offside wiper on our MH! :Smile:

Steve

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Ours are all set to Planet Rock, (the best classic rock station on DAB) it's a waste having other pre-sets on it.....Don't know if it's clear enough but you can just see a PR sticker under the offside wiper on our MH! :Smile:

Steve

I tell the wife they are all broken and will only get PR:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have a Roberts Solar / Mains one in the van, tuned to Planet Rock. Sorted!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back