Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Has anyone had any dealings with Discover Leisure Insurance? They are underwritten by Enterprise Insurance based in Gibralter.
Discover Leisure as you probably know run a number of large outlets in the North for caravans, motorhomes and accessories.

Yesterday the quotation I had to renew my existing insurance was HALVED by Discover Leisure. They explained that they had only recentlt moved into insuring motorhomes. I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has had previous dealings with them.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I allso had a cheaper looking quote from them, however they dont have a brake down ADD ON so may work out more expensive in the longer term. I'm still waiting for my renewal terms to make up my mind.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Has anyone had any dealings with Discover Leisure Insurance? They are underwritten by Enterprise Insurance based in Gibralter.
Discover Leisure as you probably know run a number of large outlets in the North for caravans, motorhomes and accessories.

Yesterday the quotation I had to renew my existing insurance was HALVED by Discover Leisure. They explained that they had only recentlt moved into insuring motorhomes. I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has had previous dealings with them.
Hello Cyd? Great Post
We all love to hear about cheap or better insurance companies:thumb:
care to pop some figures into your post so all can judge if its worth making a call
If he charged you £3000 last year and halved it this year hes giving nothing away is he, hes about three times dearer than average
We need figures to make comparisons:thumb:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hello Cyd? Great Post
We all love to hear about cheap or better insurance companies:thumb:
care to pop some figures into your post so all can judge if its worth making a call
If he charged you £3000 last year and halved it this year hes giving nothing away is he, hes about three times dearer than average
We need figures to make comparisons:thumb:
Geo

heres my quote:
"Thank you for requesting an insurance quotation.

We can confirm that the annual premium required to provide insurance for your motorhome is as shown below. This price is fully inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax and our service commission.
  • Policy: Motorhome Easy - duration 12 months
  • Premium: £180.73 - including IPT
Should you wish to accept our quotation and proceed with the insurance we require confirmation of your acceptance no later than 30 days from the date of this email."

last year I was with CG @ £264 inc IPT but this included uk breakdown

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Sorry Guys should have given you a comparison.

Fully Comp from £340 with uk breakdown, to £153 and find your own breakdown. UK breakdown averages £69.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
These prices are looking very good indeed :thumb:
Need to find out if they do Americans and level of glass cover, might be onto something here:Cool:

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I have just had another quote from a different company. Their quote was much higher and I was asked which company gave me my lowest quote.
When I answered Discover the lady I was talking to fell silent. When pressed she suggested that I read the documentation fully as she had been given some feedback regarding Discover.
Maybe this was a ploy to put me off Discover and maybe there could be something that would need further investigation.
If anyone understands the gobble-de-gook of insurance speak your input could be of great value to us all.

Cydersyd.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have just had another quote from a different company. Their quote was much higher and I was asked which company gave me my lowest quote.
When I answered Discover the lady I was talking to fell silent. When pressed she suggested that I read the documentation fully as she had been given some feedback regarding Discover.
Maybe this was a ploy to put me off Discover and maybe there could be something that would need further investigation.
If anyone understands the gobble-de-gook of insurance speak your input could be of great value to us all.

Cydersyd.

Did she share her "feedback" with you.

I have experienced this many times, when talking to another company whose quote was nowhere near your best quote. It is an almost standard response to try to down value your best quote, by trying to make you feel uncertain. I never say who my best quote is from, so they cannot try this tactic.
If Discover have only recently moved into Motorhome Insurance would there have been sufficient time for "feedback" to get around. I doubt it. :Doh:

Just check carefully the basis on which Discover are quoting. Ask Discover to send you full details of the schedule and their T&C's and check it over thoroughly.

Maybe they are giving good introductory prices just to get their foot in the market. They might give you a sky high renewal next year once they "have" you, but are willing to offer a good price to get the new business.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
just had my renewal in £286 inc uk breakdown or £350 with euro cover and euro breakdown

so its £180 for discover inc euro use, no extra charge for chipping engine

plus just under 100 euros for ADAC breakdown cover for both of us (which will include Motor home plus any car so both our personal cars will be covered) it seems a no brainer to me, I'll just read all the T&Cs of both discover and ADAC and get out the credit card

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
just had my renewal in £286 inc uk breakdown or £350 with euro cover and euro breakdown

plus just under 100 euros for ADAC breakdown cover for both of us (which will include Motor home plus any car so both our personal cars will be covered) it seems a no brainer to me, I'll just read all the T&Cs of both discover and ADAC and get out the credit card

Hope it all works out in your favour, enjoy the bonus.

rogerrichards

Free Member
Sep 15, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years

I've just had a quote from Discover as my C&CC renewal has gone up nearly £100 to £330, and they have changed insurers to Aviva. The quote from Discover was £127 for what seems the same cover with far less excess - in fact no voluntary excess.

WARNING: When I had my schedule of insurance I obviously read it very carefully and found that there were lots of errors made by the person who had taken my details; my occupation had been entered wrongly and the fact that I had a small claim the previous year together with quite a few other details. This they have corrected with no additional premium but it does smack of a certain sloppiness.

I have a few days to think about it - but it does seem to be a good deal.::bigsmile:

Roger

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Im with one of the big boys with my traders policy,renewed in January, i'm on my 4th set of insurance certificates and there still wrong:Doh:
5th time lucky:RollEyes:
By the time they get it right it will be up for renewal again:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I got a quote from Frank Pickles £213.00 I thought that was pretty good
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.