Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi Help, required who is the best for cover for the toad whilst it is being towed.Having trouble this year with renewal.Hope some one can help soon.
JohnM:cry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What level of cover and value are you expecting
Who is the Motorhome with

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
NFU will give you fully comp for everyday use and when towing the car with an A Frame .They will provide a letter stating that fact if you request it.

Comfort Insurance will also insure your car fully comp for everyday use and when it is being towed by your motorhome.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JohnM

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
HI George ,The toad 09reg agila value around £6000,m/h is insured with comfort,i thought they where a bit pricey.:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ian above has suggested the best two :thumb:
The reason for asking is many insurers say yes your covered under the trailer section and forget to inform you, trailer maximum payout is around 1K:Eeek:
if the vehicle is insured under its own right fully comp, many policies also have a clause that reverts the policy to third party only when towed:Doh:
you're far better to have Motor Home and toad with the same company
Not many will do it, I was with the NFU till the quote went up 55% this year
Ther are many folk who mistakingly belive they are fully comp on the toad when in fact, when on a trailer or A farme the cover is third pary only
you need to confim fully comp in all situations
Geo

GuitarDave

Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Help, required who is the best for cover for the toad whilst it is being towed.Having trouble this year with renewal.Hope some one can help soon.
JohnM:cry:

Errr excuse my ignorance but What is a "Toad"?:whatthe:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Errr excuse my ignorance but What is a "Toad"?:whatthe:

A toad is an Americanism for the vehicle towed by a Motor Home usualy by an A frame, but is often used to refer to any vehicle even if on a trailer, to be used whilst the Motor Home is left on site
G

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
A toad is an Americanism for the vehicle towed by a Motor Home usualy by an A frame, but is often used to refer to any vehicle even if on a trailer, to be used whilst the Motor Home is left on site
G

Evening all,
funny this should come up,I've just sold our vw polo and A frame seperately and bought a fiat 500 and trailer.I always thought the toad was "towed" on an A frame,Ive been following the great and sometimes tedious debate on A frames abroad etc (no offence) and decided to have a change and hopefully bulletproof by putting the "toad" on a trailer.Im class one Hgv so no problems with the licence.
I must admit I like the A frame setup and cant see a problem with it whatsoever but I also dont want to be nicked abroad.
Thanks to Geo for the translation of a toad.:thumb:

Regards, John P.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have the MH and the Toad both insured with the same company (Comfort). We have just renewed the Toad insurance with them, quite reasonable quote, but the MH isn't due yet so still to see what they quote us for that.

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
NFU will give you fully comp for everyday use and when towing the car with an A Frame .They will provide a letter stating that fact if you request it.

Comfort Insurance will also insure your car fully comp for everyday use and when it is being towed by your motorhome.

Ian

Absolutely right.NFu are brilliant. They will insure anything & are really helpful.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back