Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
Hi, All ... as the title suggests, I'm confused :help:

Our Rapido has a max weight of 3500 (that's a payload of 340Kg and whatever's left as the basic vehicle weight, according to a table I found on a forum) Our son passed his test in 2003, so well beyond 1 Jan 1997, and I'd assumed that he wouldn't be able to drive our MH because of its maximum all-up weight. But ... I've just looked on the DVLA web site and am even more confused than I was before.

Question is, can he legally drive our MH? NB: this doesn't mean we'll let him!:roflmto:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Upto and including 3.5t is what I understand it to mean. Over 3.5t and he needs another test. However, your payload is tiny.:winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Agree with haggers..

From DVLA .. B License =
Motor vehicles with a MAM of up to 3,500 kg, no more than eight passenger seats, with or without a trailer - weighing no more than 750 kg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail

Free Member
Sep 21, 2010
Saddleworth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 20 September 10!
Upto and including 3.5t is what I understand it to mean. Over 3.5t and he needs another test. However, your payload is tiny.:winky:

Agree with haggers..

From DVLA .. B License =
Motor vehicles with a MAM of up to 3,500 kg, no more than eight passenger seats, with or without a trailer - weighing no more than 750 kg

Thank you both! Agree, it's not a huge payload, but more than enough for what we (ha ha) think we'll need! Most interesting bit will be when we tell Beloved Son (who thinks MHs are naff, and only for nerds) that, actually, he can drive it! And he'll want to (!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back