Cost of second gaslow bottle? (1 Viewer)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone know how much it costs to have a second Gaslow bottle fitted? We had the system put in last year, including external filler and it's great but we're retiring at the end of the year and want to be away for longer in more remote areas so will need a second bottle.
Also, does anyone know of a fitter in Central Scotland?
Thanks
Mags

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I considered a second bottle but it was going to be about as much as the first one (around £250).

There is a list of dealers in Scotland on the Gaslow website

Link Removed

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
What size bottle? As for cost it should be nothing. Only talking about putting I. A bottle with a no 1 connector .., a hose from that bottle in to the existing one and bobs ya uncle if you can change a gas bottle and turn a spanner no problem.....also I think I sas bottelss for around 120 and about 20 for the stainless hose

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Our current bottle is a 6kg. The dealer fitted it so I'm assuming an 11 wouldn't fit. There's an equal space beside it for a second bottle.
I'm not sure how confident I feel about fitting a second one though.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I always thing that the cost of these "Gaslow" systems are a little high when compered to fitting a under chassis bulk tank. Especially when you look at how much more gas you can Carrie with a bulk system.

Doug...

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I always thing that the cost of these "Gaslow" systems are a little high when compered to fitting a under chassis bulk tank. Especially when you look at how much more gas you can Carrie with a bulk system.

Doug...

:Angry: must agree with Doug, I wish I would of gone down that route initially. Not only can you carry more gas, you can also free up your gas bottle locker for more valuable things like wine.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
after being refused a fill up in France ?? .... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

no mate, never been refused :winky: Just Niggle gets refused. ::bigsmile:

maybe he goes and asks for an inspection and certification of installation prior to each fill. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry Niggles, I just can't work it out? not a dig, I promise.::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
no mate, never been refused :winky: Just Niggle gets refused. ::bigsmile:

maybe he goes and asks for an inspection and certification of installation prior to each fill. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry Niggles, I just can't work it out? not a dig, I promise.::bigsmile:
Yeh that was definatly a dig Niggle:thumb:
I know
I give plenty and get plenty That was defo a Dig:RollEyes:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
:Angry: must agree with Doug, I wish I would of gone down that route initially. Not only can you carry more gas, you can also free up your gas bottle locker for more valuable things like wine.:thumb:

The other thing I forgot to mention is that if like mine you gas locker is in the back of the van, the bulk tank can be fitted between the axles and not behind the rear axle.

Oh! one more thing my 80 ltr tank (64 ltr when full) weighs 25kg empty, what do 2 large bottles weigh when empty?

As to being refused gas in France, you have to be joking, how many French motor homes are there, you would hear the screaming from your side of the channel!!!

Doug...

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
I put another 11kg bottle on the van before we went to Spain last year and took the spare 6kg bottle with us as a spare but didnt need it, so I have a full 6 kg bottle with gas in it if you want it for £75. will have to sort out to get it to you though.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I put another 11kg bottle on the van before we went to Spain last year and took the spare 6kg bottle with us as a spare but didnt need it, so I have a full 6 kg bottle with gas in it if you want it for £75. will have to sort out to get it to you though.

where is Great Bently? are you going to any shows?

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
The other thing I forgot to mention is that if like mine you gas locker is in the back of the van, the bulk tank can be fitted between the axles and not behind the rear axle.

Oh! one more thing my 80 ltr tank (64 ltr when full) weighs 25kg empty, what do 2 large bottles weigh when empty?

As to being refused gas in France, you have to be joking, how many French motor homes are there, you would hear the screaming from your side of the channel!!!

Doug...

Im a member of the Camping Car infos forum in France and I posted about this. The French dont seem to think its a problem filling in France.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999

Great Bentley is a village in the wilds of Essex, half way between Clacton on Sea and Colchester on the B1027, we're going to Newbury if I can drive as I've got an opp coming up:thumb: and hopefuly going to Jaw's bash in Thetford

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

Great Bentley is a village in the wilds of Essex, half way between Clacton on Sea and Colchester on the B1027, we're going to Newbury if I can drive as I've got an opp coming up:thumb: and hopefuly going to Jaw's bash in Thetford

Shame, if I lived anywhere or had any plans to be anywhere near you, I would of snaped your hand off:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back